So very, very well-written, Catherine. And so refreshingly different, as well - you've had the courage to take a scenario few writers would touch and do it poignantly, chillingly, with breathtaking agony, and without once slipping into pathos or over-indulgence.

I'm reading very little L&C fic at the moment, but this sucked me in right from the first paragraph. You hooked me and I just couldn't stop reading.

This could have happened - in the badly-written premise that was DLW. (In real life, in the world of the death penalty, we know that there are years and years of appeals and delays and so on, but the scriptwriters ignored that and so you were entitled to). And I believe that your take on the subject is compellingly realistic in the scenario where it could have happened.

Congratulations on an incredibly well-written story, handling a theme many won't want to read with intelligence, sensitivity and credibility. This will definitely be on my Kerth list for next year, as will you as a New Author nominee.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*