Ouch. Lois’s and Lex’s discussion was chilling, with Lex at his most dangerous and scary. Lois is beginning to realize that she may have erred in going out with Lex…

“It’s the only interpretation! If you think for one second I’m going to have a boyfriend who feels the need to spy on me, you don’t know me very well.” She didn’t bother to correct his assumption that she was cheating on him with Clark. She and Lex had never said they were exclusive, and he’d known she and Clark were close friends from the start. It wasn’t like she’d accepted his proposal. She was still very much a free woman. “And if this wasn’t over before, it surely is now. Good night.” Furious, she stood up and plucked her purse from where it hung on the chair behind her. She marched towards the glass sliding doors, not caring in the least about what he thought.
Three cheers for Lois!

“Yes. I’m sorry, Lois, but I’m not surprised. Lex treats people like possessions – especially you. I’m sorry if it sounds harsh, but you were a prize to be won for him. Now I’m wondering what comes next.”
So do I… This is why this awesome story asks for a sequel.

“I am worried about you, though! I’m worried about us both. I think he’s… dangerous.” She hated admitting that to him, because she should have seen it. And she called herself a reporter? She’d been so blind. “And I’m so mad because it’s all my fault. I had no business letting it get this far with him. I think I was just so flattered that someone so important would have an interest in me… but I was never thinking marriage, honestly. And tonight… well, I think I caught a glimpse of what he’s capable of, and I don’t like it one bit.”
A fault confessed is half redressed… Trust Clark to make Lois feel better, saying that she wasn’t the only one who was taken in…

Yay! What a lovely, sweet, charming story! Please, don’t let us hanging too long, and pleaaaase, do write a sequel. As Mike wrote, there are too many elements left unresolved.