Originally Posted by CLeuch
Very nice little story - certainly much better than the original episode. I always thought the fight felt a little forced, too...I hate shows and movies that have the characters fight for the sake of fighting (we've been cruising through old Justice League cartoons on Netflix before they go away tomorrow, and, like, half of them fall in that category. They turn Superman into kind of a jerk. Also see: BvS). The evolution of the A plot was also better than the episode.

Only one note: the 4th part mentions the reporter using photos from his phone instead of Jimmy's pictures. I'm pretty sure cell phones in 1997 didn't have cameras on them...I remember my now-husband's phone from around that time having an LCD display...phone games consisted of that one where the snake goes and eats apples and gets longer...and, I think, Tetris. Even when I started my current job in 2001, digital cameras were giant, certainly compared with real cameras of the time.

Overall, a job well done, and a nice read. smile

-Cindy

Thanks Cindy! Yeah I couldn't remember exactly when the camera was added to the cell phones. Google said it was invented 1997 but didn't give much info on when it was released to the public. I remember it was late 90's my dad had a prototype flip phone with a small camera on it...but he worked for a cell phone manufacturing company and got access to a lot of the stuff before consumers did. thumbsup

This episode was so cringeworthy. It was set up for a fight and nothing more. They made both characters out of character. huh Justice Leauge cartoons aren't well received in this house. Neither of my kids will watch them and they both LOVE the New Animated Series of Superman. So that's saying something. Yeah BvS totally dropped the ball on that. It would have been better to create a rivalry between Bruce and Clark and build up to Batman vs Superman not this hokey...I'm going to kill you crap that got thrown at us. All the fanmade trailers, fanfics, and cartoons with this theme had these incredible storylines...but the professionals? They fall flat. wallbash

I'm glad you enjoyed my revamp of the episode and attempt to make it make sense. smile It's amazing what springs up when researching for your epics, right? rotflol

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube