Originally Posted by cuidadora
I'm catching up and really enjoying your take on this episode. I never analyzed it to see why I didn't like it, other than the Lois-as-editor's dismissive attitude towards Clark's story was reminiscent of the Pilot and early Season 1. And didn't fit into Season 4. That both of them were out of character makes the episode make more sense.

Yay! Lois unleashed Mad Dog Lane at least partially on Ralph. Wonder if he knows just how restrained she was? I can just see her thinking about doing bodily damage. And supporting Clark in his story and helping him is much more in character than the episode.

Hi cuidadora!

Glad you found time to read this little snippet (compared to my others it is) Yeah, if you watch the episode Lois is drowning in the responsibilites and there's no sign of our usual supportive Clark trying to help her. No he can't do her job for her but little things like making sure she's eating, checking on her when she's been at the office too late, etc... those are things he can do to be supportive which didn't come across in the ep. Instead, they made it seem like he was jealous ... which didn't make sense. He wouldn't be able to be editor and be Superman, right? Where did our supportive Clark go? Why doesn't Lois trust her husband when he tells her something's up? It was just...ridiculous.

Yeah, Mad Dog Lane has been released on Ralph and probably every other staff member that dared cross her or make a dig at her husband.

Lois went from being a reporter to editor in a quick turnaround time and there was no real display of missing her old job in the show till after the fight. It was like 'I'm the boss' and it just didn't sit very well.

Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Love this version much more than the version on the show. They worked together, they didn't act out of character, and she put her foot down when it needed to be. Way to go. Thank you for another great story.

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for commenting.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube