I just read this on the archive and I really enjoyed this story. I've always had a soft spot for Cat. Not so much from L&C but Superman lore in general. In the comics, she was a normal woman who ended up like her L&C portrayal after the death of her son. I've always wanted to do a story invoking that element in this show's continuity, but...well, I'm not a good fiction writer.

That's part of why I love Dandello's "All I have to Give" fanfic so much. That story really captured Cat and Clark's friendship to me. In the comics, I don't think Cat and Lois were ever friends. Cat was jealous of Lois because of Clark. It's cool when fanfic writers like you and Morgana make them friends. The differing perspectives on life shown here allow both women to be better people. Cat draws her out of her defensive shell, Lois makes Cat see the value of real emotional connection(which is ironic, since Lois runs from it too). I'd like to see a sequel where they have kept up on the phone over the course of the show. Just an idea.

I'm probably boring you, but Cat has always been one of my favorite characters in Clark's supporting cast. She was an interesting contrast with Lois. While Lois initially sneers and mocks Clark's small town values and shy, mild mannered demeanor...Cat was attracted to it. A lot of this character development was given to Mayson instead in the show.

Last edited by Crazee; 12/08/16 02:22 PM.