I'm quite enjoying this gem of a story! Lois and Clark's 'voices' ring true.

Thinking about other mothers, she couldn't imagine Martha Kent holding onto grudges like Ellen Lane. Although she thought even Martha would likely make the exception of people who threatened her family. She would bet if Jason Trask were still alive, Martha would not easily forgive him for nearly killing Clark, Jonathan, their neighbor Wayne and Martha herself. She smiled to herself at the vision she suddenly had of a furious Martha defeating Trask with farm implements. She'd bet on Martha any day.

Yeah, I would bet the farm on Martha any day when it came to defending her family. Jason Trask, Tempus, even Lex had better head for the hills!

Clark took a long sip of his coffee and gathered his thoughts. "It all started at the White Orchid Ball…" He described every encounter with Luthor and each suspicion both Clark and Superman had, starting with Luthor greeting Clark with Alexander's sword at his throat during the White Orchid Ball and ending with the bombing of the Planet. Not only did he describe the events, but he also described why he believed that Luthor was responsible for multiple deaths starting with Commander Laderman and also for injuries and destruction of lives and property.

She sat in stunned silence for a few minutes, processing what she had heard. Shaking her head she said, "And I thought I was the city's best investigative reporter. How could I miss so much?"

Because neither you nor any of these other folks were looking for evil where they thought they saw good. Even Perry missed the clues! Clark also mentioned how children have been affected by Lex's cruelty, starting with Amy Platt, a young handicapped girl who will now have to grow up without her father because of Lex's perfidy. This is something I never read about before, what a very different, refreshing angle!

"I don't know if that means love or not, but I'd like to find out. If you're agreeable that is, and can wait for me to figure it out."

"Lois, I have waited my whole life for you. Right now I’m not ready for marriage either. I think we both need to discover things about each other and ourselves before we make that commitment. I'll wait for you if you wait for me. We can go as slowly as we need. Just don't shut me out of your life."

Yes! Give their relationship time to grow and mature. Far too often writers are rushing Lois and Clark to a wedding at warp speed!

So glad to know the number of parts this delightful story has. Please don't take too long on the next installment! hyper

Last edited by Morgana; 09/06/16 11:18 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.