I'm glad that Lois and Clark are finally coming to their senses and talking! hyper Although, since Lois broke Clark's heart with a green studded Kryptonite bat this afternoon, it only makes sense that everything between them feels awkward and heavy. I'm glad that they've decided to use the mantra "Don't be cruel?"

This made me chuckle, though:
What'd I Say?

He reviewed their conversation quickly, but couldn't be sure what might have caused her to cry. He hoped he hadn't been unintentionally cruel or unthinking.
Poor Superman had worked so hard to not be cruel and what does he see, Lois crying her eyes out. So, of course, he blamed himself instead. At least, he did check her surroundings to make sure it wasn't someone else first. THEN he blamed himself. But she's not crying because of what Superman said, but because of how *she* treated Clark and what a mess her life was currently in because she'd ignored her initial gut reporter feelings about Lex. It was a hard truth to realize about oneself.

Wow, Lois opening herself up to Clark and being vulnerable enough to admit that she was wrong. jawdrop I love that she knows him well enough to see when he's mad and that makes her want to soothe him. Yea for the hug! It was just what they both needed. Lois found a way for them to go to bed (home, in this case) without anger. Good for her!

I agree with Mike, her upcoming rejection of Lex will not go well. Now that Lois knows more about Lex's true character will she be worried about her safety? What AM I saying? This is Lois Lane! The thought won't even cross her mind, until it's too late. What will Lex do? How will he try to ruin Lois and/or Clark? I hope she doesn't mention Clark during her talk with Lex. eek How are you going to solve this in only 2 more parts? thud

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.