I'm definitely still reading these super-shorts. smile This one caught me a bit off guard though. I'm sure it's because of the story I wrote that featured Sarah (Harmonicity...it's on the other side of the boards and absolutely belongs there!), but I immediately recognized this:

Sarah Longely compared me to a rowboat.

Which made me go back and re-read the author's note. So it's clear from all of these clues that the story is based on the script for T:JO and not the episode that aired. Most of the scripts posted here are quite consistent with the episodes, but this one is an exception. There were some rewrites that I feel changed the tone of the interactions between the characters. I always believed that Sarah in the script was providing a cautionary tale with her rowboat analogy, but others interpreted her rocky road analogy as her pushing Lois towards Dan. I don't think Lois believes Clark is boring - she admits she'd miss chocolate if she couldn't have it, and earlier she smiles as she describes covering chocolate with whipped cream and nuts. wink But by the end of the episode, she is frustrated that Clark keeps disappearing instead of having an honest conversation with her, so she throws Dan a bone. Clark never saw this - he was out on a rescue.

So the question then becomes does Clark think Lois thinks he is boring? I don't think so - again, he acknowledges to her that he knows how she's feeling about his disappearing act. If Clark deems himself boring, it's because he deems Dan exciting in comparison. And I don't think Clark's in the frame of mind to think any charitable thoughts about Dan in this episode. But in the script...I just re-read that ending. Geez, Clark! Man up! Lois says she'd going to give Dan a chance, and Clark says, "Okay"??!!! That's awful. No wonder that got a rewrite.

Anyway, you gave me an excuse to re-watch T:JO tonight. Gosh, I love Sarah. She and Jimmy are wonderfully adorkable together. love And since the next episode is IR, you have the chance to write about that 7pm date and pull Clark out of his sad funk. grin Boring Clark needs to prove to both himself and to Lois that he is anything but boring. devil

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink