MikeM

Nice story! I always love it when Martha gets involved in Clark's love life, when Jonathan gets involved it gets even better. I would have never thought about an Ice Cream Social but Lois did enjoy the Corn Festival once she got into it in GGGOH so why not an Ice Cream Social especially with the heat and all.

As usual the extreme detail you put into the story just grabs you and puts you right there with them.

Hello Mike!

When Martha gets involved with Clark's love life it can have some pretty funny results. One of my favorite stories is Date By Arrangement by Wendy Richards. Imagine Lois teaching Clark how to dress to impress! If you haven't already read it, please do so. One of Ms. Richards best!

The goal was to give us a glimpse of Martha and Jonathan's lives both past and present without going into a lot of detail. I always wanted to know why Jonathan was rude to Martha's mother and where she got her education. Perhaps this short story explains these matters just a little.

Doing the research on this story I discovered that Ice Cream Socials are still popular and there are a variety of ways to throw such a party. Hmmm, the temperature isn't abating here and we have nothing planned for the weekend ....

Last edited by Morgana; 12/03/16 11:31 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.