Whew, sorry it's been so long -- things are finally moving along on selling our house and moving, and then there's birthdays and trips and such. You'd think I'd eventually stop underestimating how busy summers can get! smile Thanks for your patience, though, and for not giving up on me!

I fell in love with Clark/Superman/Lois in L&C, groobie, so I know what you mean. However, now I've become officially a fan of every medium (to varying degrees, naturally), and though shades of that inevitably come through, this is still ultimately an L&C story, so Clark Kent is very important (always!)! Thanks for the encouraging words about my style -- I can write new stories and new ideas, but there's not much I can do to change my style! smile

Thanks, bakasi! Utopia wouldn't exist without Superman, that's for sure!

It sounds strange to say, but I'm very glad you have so many questions, Virginia! grin Lois wasn't hypnotized at the door; she was stunned by what her source had said and all the pieces falling into a sudden new perspective. I'll go back through that and try to make that clearer -- there's enough confusion about who the source is without adding extra! I hope there's a way for Lois and Clark to find their happy ending; with Superman, there always is that bit of hope.

Chicken and broccoli is better with a little salt, right, DC? wink Lois does have a habit of getting involved in the worst things, but this one isn't so much her fault, at least. And I didn't update 'soon,' but at least there's one now... peep

Thanks, AnnieL -- the comparison to her father was one of my favorite bits to write! I loved reading all your impressions of the source, even though I can't reveal exactly why. whistle I also liked how you mentioned that Clark has many reasons besides Lois to be Clark; that's often the facet we focus on here, since we're such fans of their relationship and chemistry, but I've always been a strong believer that Clark would find a way to keep going even without Lois, though it would be unimaginably hard (alt-Clark does it, after all, even though we all weep buckets for him that he has to). I do try to show that in my stories, or at least not forget it, but whoever Lois's source is he obviously has different thoughts on the subject!

Ooh, let's hope it's expert writing, LMA. smile Lois has definitely been growing more and more unsure about the entire situation, but this chapter did show her developing concern about Clark rather than the situation as a whole -- which is one of my favorite things about writing this story, getting to see Lois see Clark in a more revealing light.

Sorry, Morgana, and thanks for the reminder! sloppy

I was very worried about how this chapter would go over, with all that was revealed (and yet NOT revealed), so thank you for all the feedback! I'll try not to keep you waiting so long for the next update!