This chapter illustrates why I love your writing. It immediately drew me in, it's vividly emotional with such descriptive language, and every sentence - every word - seems to have weight and importance. I just sink into your style and savor it. hail

New theory: the source is Clark himself. He happily lived his life with Lois, but then something tragic happened that he feels guilty for not having stopped, so now he's cutting his nose off to spite his face.

“Now, Ms. Lane, I thought you wanted to save the world--to save Superman?” ... “But…but who will save Clark Kent?”

Shades of Newsworthy. wink I don't read the comics and don't enjoy the movies - I am a LNC:TNAOS fan. In other universes, Superman is important, and so saving Superman, seeing the superhero's success as the ultimate goal, makes sense. But in our corner of the world, Clark is important, too - really, more so in my mind. So Lois' concern here, though quietly stated and immediately dismissed, is the key to the story - the idea she'll have to come back to after she enacts her hurtful plan and things go badly.

Completely loving it and want more, more, more! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink