Great chapter!

I love that Clark went to Perry for advice. He has every reason to trust Lois because Perry's right-she listens to others, but she goes with what makes sense to her. It goes along with her 'don't trust anyone but yourself' opinion. At the same time, though, sometimes I wonder whether Clark knows Lois better than Perry where her vulnerabilities are concerned.
I knew Luthor had to be involved! But why did Clark immediately assume Lois was working with him? Why doesn't he assume that she's being controlled by him? Even without her perspective, he has Lois's tears + Luthor being evil + Lois would never intentionally hurt him = Luthor scheme. I'm getting the feeling that his nervousness over the abrupt switch in Lois's romantic interests is making him more pessimistic than usual.

I wonder if Lois found out about Luthor and turned everything in herself. It doesn't really explain much else. Who else would get that info?

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."