Lois told him they could come up with something together! clap

Henderson's dry voice came over the line, "Lane, I fully expected you to be in the middle if things tonight. Did you finally decide to stop sticking your nose where it doesn't belong and let us do our jobs?"

Lois snorted, "I had a date, Henderson, but if it'll make you happy I'll try and find these gangsters for you..."

Henderson sounded almost like he'd choked, "A date?" It was the most flustered Lois had ever heard him. "Mind if I ask with who?"

Lois turned to her partner, who was now frowning at her, "Why yes, I do mind, Inspector. But maybe he doesn't, anything to add, partner?" she fluttered her eyelids at him as his jaw dropped.

Henderson laughed genuinely and replied, "Congratulations on pulling your head out of the sand, Lane. Kent, not sure if I should offer congratulations or commiserations... but it's about time!"

The banter between these three was delightful, despite the rather desperate situation Lois and Clark were in. Henderson is simply a hoot! This one has become my new favorite TOGOM story! Perfectly written.

Maybe you could add another part about them catching the bad guys? Just a thought. Again, welcome back!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.