Hi Vicki!
Going to the movies with your family is supposed to be relaxing, but for Clark Kent, things can be a little different.
Wonder if this is pre- or post-kids. I’m guessing, both has a chance for high jinks.

"Dad! Dad! Can we get some popcorn?" six year old Michael asked excitedly as Clark attempted to guide him through the movie theater lobby.
Apparently, post-kids.

"I don't know," Clark wavered, thinking over his options, which were limited to caving to his children's requests and spoiling their appetite for dinner, or risking a public meltdown and having to cart his sons back home again.
Good thing they don’t develop powers until they’re teenagers? Although, teenagers are also known to be tantrum prone. Especially girls, when their parents don’t allow them to hang out with the motorcycle driving bandmember wearing a black leather jacket and hair that looks like it hasn’t seen water in years, aside from rain, that is.

"Mom's making fajitas tonight, and I know how much you love them."
Does ‘making’ refer to unwrapping them after Clark brings them home from Mexico?

While it was true that Lois was no Iron Chef, she'd gotten fairly good at cooking a - very small - list of meals.
Chocolate icecream with chocolate sauce. Hot chocolate. And chocolate squares cut from a bigger chocolate bar.

"I think that's a bit too close," Clark said, dreading the assault on his sensitive eyes at so close a range to the huge screen.
They don’t have surround sound yet?

Clark checked his watch with a swift glance. "Just a few minutes."
Then the commercials start. 30 minutes of advertisements for toys, snacks, and soft drinks. And junk food. Never forget the junk food!

Clark mentally noted the ones the boys would likely want to see, and which of those looked age appropriate.
Let’s see… 2004? Maybe there’s already a Star Wars trailer out for Ep3? Not strictly appropriate for the little ones, though. When was Return of the King? Possibly the first Harry Potter. A Batman, I think. Lots of options that sound like fun but are not yet appropriate for the wee ones. Too bad the Superman movie was 2006.

Easy, his inner voice said. You don't know that they are going that route...

"Every superhero has a secret identity," Mr. Incredible answered with casual calmness and a cool demeanor.
rotflol

Where did Superman hang his cape at night?
Diana Prince’s bedroom?

How did Batman earn a living to afford his gadgets?
Jewelry theft while the owners are on vacation in their Caribbean summer homes?

What did Wonder Woman do between rescues?
Take care of Superman?

Were there times when the "supers" of the world weren't so super?
Like break up with their fiancées for their own good?

Did he really believe some villain was going to automatically figure out his secret and snatch his kids away?
What if a supervillian was the producer? Like with the Incredibles, Mr. T. P. Emus.

She'd be right to tell me that, he said to himself. Laugh it off. Don't give anyone a reason to give the idea of a superhero living a normal, undercover life a second thought. Let people think it's just a rather clever plot twist the movie studio came up with.
And how will he explain the ruined upholstery?

He had no qualms about employing his abilities to find a lead when all avenues had grown cold and seemed dead-ended.
Or to win a bet with Lois:
CLARK: shock No! I mean…no! Why would you suggest that? I would never. If Lois hears this, she…She can never learn. She always looses those bets fair and square and then has to pay up while the kids are in Smallville.
LOIS: Yes, I always loose fair and square and then have to pay up. Uh-huh.

Now, he couldn't imagine Superman without the cape.

Good thing Edna isn't the one making my costumes, he thought wryly.
I guess it all depends on the person wearing it. For Superman, the cape’s almost part of his body. You know, like with a dragon. And just like a dragon, Superman’s capable of setting the world around him ablaze. He’s able to fly. He’s pretty tough to hurt. He’s got a pretty long lifespan. And he forms a very strong bond with his rider. Yep, I think Superman’s a dragon. And on an unrelated note – five more weeks. Just or still, I can’t decide huh

"Do you think it's true?"

"What's true?" Clark asked.

"Superheroes," Michael pressed. "Do you think they all have secret identities?"
laugh

"Do you think Superman's got kids? Does Batman have a wife?" the boy asked thoughtfully.
Yes. And depends on whether Selina fenced her engagement ring.

Forget tomorrow. I'll call Bruce tonight, he thought to himself as he steered the conversation to other topics.
laugh maybe they could copyright the secret identity concept and then forbid the concept from getting used (or mentioned) in the media?

Very cute story! Totally didn’t expect this turn of events clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.