They are getting careless and the servants are bound to drop more than a hint or three in Lucius ear.

Maaaaaybe. Not all the servants are loyal to Lucius. Also, there is no official understanding of any kind between Lucius and Lavinia. Lucius may think she's as good as his but he's not asked her to marry him, yet, so she's still a free agent. We all know how much Lois' soul loves her independence. :-)

Hey, in the beginning you were posting just three parts a day, now we are down to one every three days? What gives?

Sorry about that! I'd fully intended to keep to that schedule, but I received a few great suggestions from the gang and decided to do some major re-writes. Most recently, tho, it's mostly due to RL and getting ready for the holidays. I hosted my annual card making party this past weekend: one evening and one afternoon of friendship and card making. Great fun but a lot of work before and after for me. Whew!
I'll be posting another part (or two) this evening. Maybe that will make up for it. :-)