Lol, I agree, y'all. They do so need to talk, but IMO it takes time and perspective and people outside of the relationship to kick your butt, especially when you have two such stubborn people in a relationship, so yeah..... don't kill me that they refuse to actually have it out! It's L&C--we all know they'll get there in the end somehow smile

ACL Corp was just from the paperwork, Virginia. I switched up the order of things in this episode b/c the order in the show didn't work for me. Logically, I can't see them NOT going to the doctor's office the same day they start the investigation. I mean, this seems like an early step to me. Anyway! they find out via the paperwork that Lois um, appropriates. And no idea what the weirdness was. I mean, it was a beginning quote, but I have no clue why it changed it to "“" when I pasted it in. Hopefully it's not an obnoxious amount of concrete wink I get cranky with them too, but I think it's understandable given their history. As I said in the beginning, I don't think a quick fix is possible. I just read an AOS ST fic where there was some major betrayal and it took SIX YEARS for them to fix it and I found myself thinking it was actually pretty realistic given the amount of crap both parties had to work through. I see this timeframe as being sort of the perfect storm that stirs up both L&C's unresolved childhood issues as well as all the junk in their relationship with each other and how those things interact. It's a mess, but I promise it won't take six years to work out wink

Thanks for the encouragement, Lara! It's been a lot of fun trying to balance all that! I'm still not super happy with introspection levels throughout, but hopefully it won't be obnoxious amounts, and I sorta feel like you have to have some introspection to force that character development. Necessary evils and all that smile

Thanks, cuidadora! I so agree. They do need to actually share their thought processes! It's amazing how many relational issues could be avoided through sharing. And yay! That whole point about Lois is something I wanted to force her to deal with, which is a big part of why I haven't tied them down and made them share yet.

Thanks, Laura! I love that about Clark too! It's so perfect for Lois, and dare I say, for pretty much anyone laugh But yeah, I felt like Clark was really broken. I feel like people tend to use Clark's steadiness as a foil to explore Lois's issues, but the reality is that he's got plenty of issues himself--and by "he" I mean the man who is both Clark and Superman and struggling to integrate those parts of his personality without losing either of them, the kid who found out he was an alien from space and had to live his whole life as a secret, who never learned to trust anyone but his parents, etc., etc. So I wanted to play in a world where we got to see that they are really equally broken and this timeframe in the series is so perfect for that. Or at least, it SHOULD have been if the writers hadn't just glossed over the massive issues stirred up/caused by HOL smile Not that I'm bitter about that or anything.....

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)