wallbash So, no, Clark didn't overhear Lois's conversation with Perry. Of course not. That would be too easy. ARGH!

“I need everything you can find out about ‘ACL Corporation.’”
Wait. How does Clark know about ACL Corp already, again? It was in the file that Lois found, right? Or was there another way? I can't recall.

Lois's hands clenched into fists. She just wanted to reach over and strangle him. It was like trying to talk to a brick wall! “Well, since you’re my partner right now,” she said, forcing her voice to sound bright, “it’s your job to trust my instincts, and my gut says there’s something wrong with her.”
Ooops. That's just the wrong thing to say to Clark at this time.

Not only did she refuse to deal with the reality of her situation by talking to someone about all the feelings she was bottling up inside, but she never listened to him and always expected him to listen to her. Real equal. He snorted. She’d told him when they’d first met that she was top banana, and, even after all these months, nothing had changed.
He does have a point.

“You snorted. What?” she repeated.

“Nothing,” he said evenly. “Where do you want to get coffee?”

Her eyes narrowed. “What are you thinking?”

“Lo-is. I’m thinking about where we’re going to get coffee.”
Why doesn't he just tell her the truth? That why should he trust her instincts if she never trusts his?

Lois was still fuming. She’d been patient with Clark for months, and he still refused to let her in. Even if he’d never loved her or had fallen out of love with her, that didn’t mean they couldn’t go back to being friends. She’d thought they were best friends, and now they barely talked. She slowed as the sense of loss hit her once more. He’d been right there for just a second. She had felt him thinking at her, just like in the old days. Yes, he was upset, but he’d been there. And now he was gone again. She didn’t know what to do. Maybe this wasn’t fixable. Maybe it was time for them to go their separate ways, permanently.
Clark better get to admitting what's bothering him sooner rather than later, or Lois is going to make up her mind that she no longer wants anything more to do with him.

Clark ran a hand through his hair. “So, I guess you’re headed to the Bureau of Vital Statistics, and I should get back to the Planet.”
So much for sticking like glue to Lois so that she has an alibi.

“How are things going with you and Clark?” he asked.
huh What's that stuff at the front of this line?

Lois actually considered it for a moment, but then decided that she wasn’t up for hours of Elvis, and she did not appreciate Clark or Perry trying to babysit her. “That’s okay, Chief. I’ll be fine.”
Um... Clark isn't offering to babysit her. Also, doesn't she want an alibi if her double does something again? Something worse? Oh, Lois. It's for your own protection!

Jimmy burst in the door. “Chief! It’s Superman!”

“Jimmy! What have I told you about barging in here—what? Superman? Where?”

“There’s a fire at that chemical plant on the bay!”

“We’ll finish this later. Lois, get down there and get me the story! Olsen, go with her and get me some good photos!”
Smart move! Have Jimmy be her alibi. I keep forgetting that Superman only just returned that morning, saving that man from falling off the building. I'm surprised Lois or Perry hadn't heard about it yet.

Boy, nivafrer, you're really doing a great job of keeping Lois and Clark at being stubborn. Every time I think I see a chink in their wall, you slab up some more concrete.

Clark better talk to Lois soon or she will no longer be there to talk to. She can't apologize again and try to be better if she doesn't know what's bothering you, Clark!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.