Groobie, one of the things I always liked about this Clark/Superman was his transparency. Because of that, he expects everyone else to behave in the same fashion. They don't, of course, so sometimes he's a little slow on the uptake.

And thank you for admitting that you care about Lois despite her less-than-exemplary line of work. It means I haven't driven off all the readers with this characterization of Lois.

Bakasi, thanks for chiming in about the German speech. I was not informed that it wasn't something many women used in polite company. As for missing words, I can't know what they might be because my German might as well be non-existent, unlike your excellent command of English. And I never thought about not translating the titles into English. Next time I'll be more diligent.

AmyPrime, the ambiguity in the prologue was deliberate. I tried to be just as ambiguous in the epilogue, but because of all the loose ends I needed to tie up I couldn't. It will become evident how it turns out very soon.

Next part up in moments!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing