Unlike everyone else, I thought that it was someone else's funeral and that Clark would see Lois and they would finally confess their love. I suspected it was Perry's funeral and the letter was from him, telling Clark he's being a lunkhead for letting a little thing like death to keep him from his one true love. Elvis wouldn't have done it! So, needless to say, I was a bit shocked and saddened to see it was Lois's will reading. mecry Then, I hoped that she had figured out the truth and faked her death, so that 'in death' she and Clark could finally be together and live. Alas, that too wasn't so. Sigh. Lois was truly dead and she knew Clark's secret. Instead of somehow finding a way to break the silence they both ended up living alone in their misery. Then, when we arrived to the ghost scene I began to hope that maybe YES Lois was still alive! Alas, no. Then, I thought, is Superman going to die there, having read Lois's letter and unable to go on without her soul there to be with him. Would ghostly Superman fly off with ghostly Lois to finally be together in ghostly Utopia? No matter how hard I tried, you were determined to keep Lois dead, KK, and Lois and Clark apart. [Linked Image]

While Ken's alt-ending did give us the possibility of the happily ever after we all longed for, there was something missing. It was *too* neatly tied up in a bow, having been a dream. I also agree with groobie. It would have been out of Clark's character to destroy Lois's admission of love. Understandable, given the way he was feeling, but I couldn't see him do it.

I agree you chose the correct ending. Will Clark be able to move on now and find love? Will he, as he did in the Home Series, find Lois's reincarnated self (20 years later)?

Beautifully written. Very sad though. Do you have another one of your romantic vignettes to turn our smiles up-side-down? (see, I can do cliche's too!)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.