So. My first ending (which lasted all of two minutes before I changed it to what was posted - not even being sent to a beta) is hiding behind this spoiler.

This letter was for someone named Clark. Someone who had died over sixty years ago.

He stared at the letter and in moments it turned to ash. As he left through the window he realised that Clark Kent was truly dead now. Although the body was alive … the soul was gone.
KenJ kindly gave me another alternate ending. I don't want him to think I don't appreciate his version of the ending - because I very much do ... but it's not the feel I wanted for this fic.

Clark suddenly awoke to the sound of chickens in the yard. Confused at suddenly being awakened in this way he looked around and realized that he was in his room at the farm.

His dream came back to him and fuelled him with new resolve to somehow resurrect Clark Kent from the dead. Somehow Clyde Barrow’s bullets had to be made ineffective. Clark Kent must live. He decided to talk it over with his parents. They might have an idea. His mother had a habit of thinking outside of the box and that was what he needed right now.

After dressing he went downstairs.
Anyone going to comment? Which ending do YOU prefer?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."