Originally Posted by VirginiaR
An emotional story from start to finish. I, too, don't game. LnC is my only addiction and is what keeps me up until I fall asleep on my keyboard, fills my heart with joy and heartache.

I'm almost glad that you condensed this story down to one (albeit long) part; although, knowing you, it would have been one hell of a tearjerker until you got to the end. There was too much heartache between Lois's two marriages and Clark's exile for an epic. 15 years apart is a long time.

Despite not knowing anything about WoW, I felt I was able to follow along with the references (although probably not get or notice any of the in-jokes). I can just imagine these two cosplayers drinking coffee at DD at 1am, so Metropolis. wink

I did wonder what happened to Lois professionally. You mentioned that Jimmy and Clark (and Perry) were still with the Daily Planet, but you didn't mention if Lois went back or where she was working / doing now (after Luthor). I would have liked to know that.

Beautifully written love story that dampened my eyes at times and made me worry that she might not forgive the lunkhead. Thankfully, she did.

Hi, Virginia. I've always been a gamer - I entirely blame my mother, who also likes to play video games (just not MMORPGs like WoW). Glad you were able to follow along, despite not being a gamer - I tried my best to boil it down to layman's terms as much as I could.

The only reason why this one was a "short" 32 page story in Word was due to the fact that I have too many other WIPs on my computer, all clamoring for me to get back to them. Otherwise, I might have been tempted to REALLY put Lois and Clark through the wringer.

(Clark gives thanks to God for DC's currently overactive muse.)

I actually had this whole idea of going into Lois' career after Clark left. I was going to make her the head of LNN while Lex was alive, then have her sell/merge with the Planet after Lex was buried, so they would become a much more major news outlet (let's face it, TV and internet journalism are the "it" thing). I had planned to have Lois go back to her regular reporting job for the newspaper - I can't see Lois loving a supervisor role or loving staying in TV. However, I had to scrape that info because I just couldn't find a place where it felt natural for me to throw the information in. Everything I tried came out sounding forced. But, at the end, I do mention that Clark got his job and reporting partner back, so you can rest assured that Lois is back at the Planet.

Again, thank you for the feedback and the high praise. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon