The Cabbie’s Tale (1/1)

By: VirginiaR.
jawdrop thud

It's unbeta'd, so I apologize for any grammar mistakes.
/sharpens pen/

Marv opened the door to his favorite hangout. His day had been long, frustrating, and, well, frankly bizarre.
So, taxi driver story? Like with Robert DeNiro?

but the Mocking Bridge never was… not after quitting time for the day shift, at least.
A place where professional drivers gather at night to indulge in large quantities of fermented grain?

“You okay, Marv? You look a little green around the gills.”
sick

Both Bonnie and Frank nodded with understanding. The job was what brought most people to the Mocking Bridge.
Annoying passengers?

Marv set down his glass. “Well, we followed Alonzo sixteen blocks.
Huh.

“I lost him, Frank. Sixteen blocks, Joe, Vinnie and I were on him like glue.”
Mobsters? Hiding as cabbies?

“I agree. It doesn’t make any sense for Alonzo to go by the Twelfth. Any rookie would love to pick him up for jaywalking,” Frank said, chuckling.
Oh. Cops.

“Suddenly, my car starts backing up, all on its own, like it’s possessed.
confused Is Alonzo Clark?

“Finally, it stops by these ordinary suits, a young couple, and they climb into my cab!”
Ah yes. Now, when was this.

“You sure that it wasn’t my first wife?” Frank asked.

“I said she was young, Frank,” Marv snapped back. “And a looker, too.”
laugh

“She’s reads me
An ‘s’ to many.

I’m not leaving! Possession is 9/10ths of the law.’”
clap How she explains her Superman stories. And keeping Superman in her bedroom.

Frank was roaring with laughter, now. “You should’ve drawn your gun.”
That might have ended badly. For the cabbie/cop.

Kept rambling along the way that she was going to catch the woman impersonating her.
Ah, yes.

I just tried to find the scene, and at minute 12:30-13:00 Lois places a newspaper with ‘Fruit Fly Spraying’ onto some board. That’s odd. Do they have those several times a year?

Apparently, my crazy driving spooks Alonzo and he runs into the subway.
Hmm…past tense instead?

Marv removed his hands from his beer to show Frank the red streaks across his palms “I was holding on to the steering wheel for dear life, Frank. I got contact burns.”
Ah, that’s why they were burning earlier.
CLARK: Funny, I remember streaks like that…[Linked Image]
LOIS: Really?

Then again, if Superman were going to live a regular life undercover in Metropolis, he certainly wouldn't pick a harpy for a girlfriend. Would he?
CLARK: They’re real and they’re spectacular. huh

Still… That man also wore glasses.

Nah, Marv thought, shaking his head again. Superman wouldn’t have interfered with a police investigation. He would’ve known that Marv wasn’t a cabbie, but one of his brothers in blue. Right?
He really is an odd combination of smart leaps of thought and narrowminded denseness.
LOIS: He related to you, Clark? Maybe your real father?

Marv lifted his hand and swirled a finger in a circle towards Tony. “Next round’s on me,” he said, dropping a twenty on the table.

Superman tipped well.
LOIS: Clark, what did you just write on that twenty bill?
CLARK: What? Nothing?
MARV: ‘Sorry’? Suits…

That was grand fun, Virginia! A missing chapter from the alternate alternate alternate Wrong Clark wink

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.