Annie's thought is completely on point:
It seems to me that it might help to restore the WHAM Warning thread in the Lois and Clark Fanfic section. It disappeared with the upgrade.
Whatever did happen to that? I always liked the warning thread because it would give readers a more full warning about what was to come without spoiling a twist for every reader. (That's a main issue I have with posting details at the top of the story-- you don't want to ruin it for those who want to be surprised.) I vote we should bring it back too. (I tried to bump it up, but even though it shows on the main page it doesn't when you go into fanfic? Very odd.)

Originally posted by Mike M:
it is one of the reasons I have been reading more Castle fanfics lately as the fare over there is much lighter and more my personal style.
I can't say that's true. I've read some really dark stories involving suicide, cancer and various forms of death on Castle fanfic. But I've also read some light-hearted waff there as well. I really don't think many people are swayed to leave a fandom over it, but that's just my opinion. For example, I usually avoid reading n-fics, but if an author happens to slip something in that's a little over the T rating (this applies almost wholly to Castle fic, as I don't think I've seen it happen here), I either just go along with it or quit reading that story. It doesn't keep me from enjoying other things by that author, or turn me off of Castle fics altogether. I just move on. I think the bigger issue with LnC is that there are less fics to move on to, simply because of the smaller fanbase. (I think Castle is approaching 25k on ff.net).

Kathy:
I'm mostly a lurker these days, although I've been around these boards since their beginning (and Zoom's for a while before that). It's not that I've lost interest in the show, but I do find that my priorities are frequently in flux - I may pop in a lot over a period of several weeks, but then not be here for months on end.
I'm kind of in the same boat right now. Just got back from vacation, and catching up some work (yuck), but I miss it here. I want to write more, but time is killing me. And money. wallbash

Last edited by Mouserocks; 01/25/15 05:24 PM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain