In my point of view a deathfic is when some of the main (good) characters die - and stay dead. If the writer brings him/her back I don't consider it a deathfic and I'll be willing to read it.

Is it still a deathfic if the characters are reunited later? The afterlife, reincarnation,
Speaking for me, I don't like afterlife/reincarnation fanfics, so I don't read them. And I consider them as deathfics, because the afterlife/reincarnation wouldn't bring the character to life, it would be another life (my view is based on the fact that I don't believe in the concept of reincarnation).

I like the idea of a warning in spoiler format. Maybe I'm too sensible, but I can't bear deathfics or too sad stories. They make me feel bad for days and I don't want to read a story that will let me feeling depressive. sad If there's a warning I'll read it and decide if I'm willing to give it a try or not.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15