Holy crap, the holidays have hit me hard this year! In addition to usual festive goings-on, one of my brothers is getting married this Saturday and there have been all kinds of stuff to help out with on that front. Work has been crazier than usual because most of my team are on vacation and the clock is ticking down on getting our interfaces built and validated before February. It's madness, I tell you! MADNESS! cat

But, dang it, I really wanted to finish *something* this year, so I'm barely squeaking that resolution in under the wire. smile

Artemis - Thank you! I'll have the next part posted by tonight. wave

LWhite - What a wonderful compliment it is to hear that the story feels "alive." blush Thank you so much!

Virginia - Uh, you do remember that I said this was only going to cover about half the episode, right? It ends in a logical enough place, but I won't be tying up every single little loose thread. Yet. smirk

I love that Lois confessed to loving Clark (no "as a brother" here), before he could get out that he was in love with her... or that he was Superman.

I started this story because I couldn't shake the feeling that Clark, knowing he might not be coming back, would want to tell Lois the truth. I also wanted to give them a much more private farewell than having Lois grab him for a quick kiss in front of an international audience. And, heck, if I was going to do all that, then Lois could certainly admit her real feelings and not couch them with "as a brother." thumbsup

The guy at EPRAD who denied her entrance asked a strange question though. He asked if she was alone. He only told the people in the back that Superman had female visitor (or something of the sort). My thoughts of this were that Superman could have been back there but expecting Clark's folks (hence a man and a woman). Now, that I think about this though, they could also be thinking, "only allow Lois Lane back if Clark Kent is with her", because Daitch likes Clark and not Lois. Probably the most obvious answer is the correct one. Clark went to Kansas and not to EPRAD after Lois made the mistake of kicking him out of her apartment. But if that were so, why ask if she was alone?
Actually, Corporal Oliver didn't ask that question. He can see that Lois is there alone. It's whomever he's talking to on the other end who's asking the question. I like your "they like Clark, but not Lois" line of thought. laugh

Morgana - I am back! Thank you for noticing the details in the short stuff. It means a lot to me when the readers pick up on it. clap The next installment will be soon!

My thanks (again) to everyone who has commented. Y'all rock my world! dance

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis