Yea! You posted this! clap
My deepest thanks to Susan (groobie) for catching my mistakes, for always being enthusiastic, and for being unfailingly awesome.
Awwww, shucks! blush Thanks! It's so cool to see the work in progress, and then the revisions that are made to the final product. Honestly, it's my absolute pleasure to be part of the process.

She opened the door as far as the security chain would allow.
It's amazing how such a small detail brought me right back to season 1 Lois.

"So have you talked to him? Superman?"

Clark didn't answer; instead he ducked his head and sighed.

"I'm not asking if you got the story," she whispered, touching his arm. "I'm asking because he should have someone to talk to, you know?"

"That would be nice." Clark's head bowed and his next words were barely a whisper. "Lois, I'm scared."

See, this is perfect. He's not going to lie to her - I know what he came here to do. That sigh, his first person admission (even though Lois doesn't recognize what he's doing) - it's enough for me to glimpse his state of mind.

The thought skittered through her brain that the time Clark had laid a kiss on her in the honeymoon suite of the Luxor hadn't been a fluke -- it had been a tease. No one had ever kissed her like this, not even Superman under the influence of that pheromone perfume.

Squeeeee! clap You go get what's yours, girl! grin

He was leaving her for the entire planet. It was completely selfless and she hated him for it.
LOL...I really love this!

Clark nodded. "There aren't many options. If I do nothing, everyone dies. If I can nudge Nightfall from its trajectory then everyone and everything I love is still around the next day. If it comes down to my being dead either way, at least I--"
Well, way to be a Mister Gloomy Pants, Clark!

She picked up Clark's glasses and a fresh, even sharper, wave of guilt swept over her. This was exactly why he hadn't told her before now -- he'd known what her reaction was going to be. That made it worse, somehow. Even knowing the risk that she'd be furious with him, Clark had still come here tonight and told her the truth.
Yeah, Lois should feel guilty, but I do appreciate that she recognizes that fact so quickly. Gives her time to do something about it. wink

Loved Lois' persistence at EPRAD. thumbsup Can't wait to see how you decided to resolve the whole thing in part 2. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink