Hi Lynn!
The Shortest Distance
…between Lois and Superman is Clark?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Mom's gonna kill me.
Teenage Clark?

I promised her I'd meet her and Dad at the Kerth ceremonies on time.
Oh, teenage offspring of super-powered reporter and super reporter.

I left the library five minutes before the ceremony,
College? So, not a teenager.

thinking that would give me plenty of time to fly home,
Well, might be 19…

change into my fancy gown,
Oh boy. LnC got Trouble at home.

The trouble came when I flew into the air and realized I have no idea how to get to the hotel.
Huh?

Oh, I know its street address, but things look so different from up here.
Hmm…2005-2007 is just before google maps came en vogue, isn’t it?

I thought I could just fly in a straight line to the hotel, but I realize now I'm going to have to go home, get a map (just to be safe) and fly over the roads.
rotflol Never heard about a compass, has she?

The next time I see Uncle Bernie, I think I'll ask him if he can make a GPS device that will point me straight to a specified location.
clap
VOICE of Master Luwin: One half of a league east as the raven flies.

How *does* Dad navigate so well, anyway?
Easy. Usually, he has to rescue Lois, so her heartbeat will be like a homing beacon. The other times, being a boyscout helps.
CLARK: Also, moss always grows on the northern side of the antenna on the sky scrapers.

I hate to admit it, but perhaps I should pay more attention in our next flight lesson.
rotflol

But in the meantime, I just hafta hope that Mom won't be too mad that I'm a few minutes late.
So long as she doesn’t mention that it’s not like this year’s any different from last year, what with Lois being the runner up and Clark taking home the Kerth peep

The investigative journalism category isn't until near the end of the ceremony,
Don’t they usually put the more prestigious categories at the end?
LOIS: mad

so at least I'll be there for when she wins yet another glass rock.
rotflol Maybe the little one shouldn’t mention that term out loud.

All the same, I'm glad she doesn't have any Kryptonite handy.
clap But she might ground her. On the plus side, Kryptonite would at least allow the little one the typical college experience of getting drunk and consuming moderate amounts of mind-altering substances?
LITTLE ONE: Like Red Kryptonite? [Linked Image]

That was fun. Umm…sorry for making the FDK longer than the story?

wave Michael

Edit: As for the gown-sitting: This might also be unfortunate in terms of potential for exposure. There once was a bit of an outcry when some architect thought it clever, to make a stairwell out of glass. Hilarious!

And Clark probably never had to face that problem. All he had to remember was fly left at the water tower until he sees cows, then fly right again. If he sees more cows, he flew too far.

Also...Say, Lynn, is there any chance for sequels in this universe?

Last edited by Darth Michael; 11/09/14 03:53 PM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.