Morgana, you are right. When Lois finds out about this flight, the narrator will undoubtedly be grounded (both figuratively and literally) for a veeeery long time.

Laura, you always leave the best, most encouraging feedback. Thank you. smile I must admit that I share the narrator's view of the design of the Kerth award. It may be prestigious, but it isn't a whole lot to look at.

Queenie, right in one. Old enough to be allowed to navigate through the city on her own, old enough to be able to fly (although probably not old enough to be *allowed* to fly in public), but young enough to still be answerable to Mom and Dad, and in-between enough to cop a bit of an attitude with her father. I envision her as being 17 or 18.

Groobie, I hadn't pictured the person looking up as being a kid, necessarily, but I had amused myself with images of a gown-wearing teenager hovering (possibly sitting cross-legged) in the air, and staring at an unfolded map with a puzzled and somewhat frustrated look on her face. I'm tickled by the absurdity of the image, and that was one of the reasons I wanted to write the story. Thanks for pointing it out.

And thank you all for leaving feedback. smile

Joy,
Lynn