KatherineKent: Hello, Muse! wave

Part 3 - fantastic
Thank you. [Linked Image] I couldn't have done it without you.

Yay. Everything is right ... and you skipped a load of scenes from the episode that are nothing at all to do with the WAFFYness needed for this story. Yay.
smile Well, now that I know how to do this technique I'll have to try it with other stories. [Linked Image]

Oooooo, I love a man in a tuxedo. Especially a 'super'man.
Yes, he knows how to wear a tux.

Squealed! Is that in delight, or in horror. Does she not want to see him?
That would be a squeal of panic.

Oh dear. That's not good. And with how long it takes a women to accessorize everything to match her dress ... if the dress needs to change ... then everything needs to change, and it will take another 2 hours to be ready.
CLARK: Wow, that's just... Why again hasn't anyone developed a formal tux-like dress for all women to wear to these kind of events?
LOIS: Because men like variety. Also, I was lying about the dress. It's more likely that Clark would tear his tux.

Aww. Clark is so lovely.
Isn't he? smile

Eeek. Dilemma ... what if she needs help, what if she's naked? Should he look, shouldn't he look?
Often on the show, Clark is shown having this dilemma. Wanting to look at Lois when it isn't appropriate to do so. (HiM and the Phoenix are two examples of this).

I would have though that he'd be plenty good at repairing his clothes, having lived for years on his own and wandering round the world. Then again ... he probably just popped back to Kansas whenever there was a hole in his socks that needed dealing with!
Can he repair clothes? Yes. Can he repair a formal dress, so that Lois doesn't look like the bride of Frankenstein? Not so much.
LOIS: Was that a comment about my hair? That sounded like a comment on my hair.

He heard!!!! Yay.
CLARK: Is it cheating to use one's super powers to advance oneself in a relationship?
LOIS: Not if the relationship is with me.

Still trying to show that he's a gentleman, and would never have impure thoughts about his partner! *sigh* she wants you to have impure thoughts, Clark.
Of course he has impure thoughts. Otherwise he wouldn't have noticed what he had said could be misconstrued as impure. Plus, the recognition of said impure thoughts make them flash quickly across this mind.

What's she up to? What doesn't she want him to see?
She doesn't want him to see her before she's ready. She did the same thing during another episode. I can't recall if it was in Lucky Leon before their date or during AtAI before he got the phone call from Mazik. (Or maybe both.)

Originally Posted by KK
Originally Posted by WaGD 3
“No matter how you look, Lois,” he said. “I will still love you.”
KK: /completely stunned he admitted this/
It kind of slipped out inadvertently, which is why he changed it upon repeat.

Originally Posted by KK
Originally Posted by WaMD 3
“One Merriweather Award. Two Merriweather Awards. Three…”
KK: /lol/
In the U.S., we're taught to count 1-Mississippi, 2-Missisippi, etc. when learning to time the length of seconds. I figured Merriweather would be a good substitution for our reporters. smile1

Hmmmm.. so lovely.
Thank you.

Yup. The only thing that can fluster the Man of Steel ... is the intrepid reporter Lois Lane.
That's true. She keeps him off his toes.

Inter Cost Mart. I like that. I think we should rename it InterCostMart ...
Bill CHURCH: No, no. It's pronounced "ENTER Cost Mart". Now, go shop!

Originally Posted by KK
Originally Posted by WaMD 3
Do gentlemen prefer blondes?
Ta da! The punch line.
Well, Clark did seem to prefer blondes until Lois...

Huh! When did she tell him to kiss Mayson Drake? I don't think I would have approved of that.
lol She told him to try something new, so Mayson was the something new.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Oh yes. I remember her saying that. I knew Clark had misinterpreted it.
That's the fun in such stories. "Noises Off!" is a good example of misinterpretation and confusion in a farce. I recommend the Chris Reeve version with Carol Burnette.

Really? A wig?
That's what she was looking for in her closet. Something to cover her head.

She told him. Yay!
Well, without a revelation we needed something to be confessed.
CLARK: I confessed I don't like blondes as much as Lois.
LOIS: No. You confessed that you don't like them at all.
CLARK: I did?
LOIS: Yes. Trust me, you did.

*slithers to the floor in a puddle of goo*
clap

Oh my! Oh dear. It can't look good.
Not if the platinum wig was the better look.

LOL. Lovely, teasing, caring Clark.
CLARK: huh Teasing? I was being honest.

Woo hoo! Loved it. So glad you wrote this from my idea. I'd had it in my ideas pile for over a year ... based on the phrase Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, and that many fics had pointed out that Lois notices Clark's tendency to attract blondes. What if she thought HE was attracted to blondes and the only way she'd get him to notice her ...

and there you have it.
Thank you. It's definitely a different direction that I've ever gone before with the characters. I wasn't sure I could do this plot justice. I'm glad you enjoyed it. dance

Thanks for writing this for me Virgina. *hugs*
You're welcome. *return hugs* wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.