Part 3 - fantastic

With Clark’s good luck – or bad luck had Bobby not opened his eyes – Clark had been able to get Mayson to leave their ‘date’ at Café Americana before it had even begun with a few innocent questions about her former boss Bill Church, CEO of Cost Mart. Then, after a few scary moments in the courtroom when it had appeared that Mayson was as dirty as Lois had initially thought, Mayson had become their secret source in the District Attorney’s office on Intergang. Martin Snell had been arrested, Baby Rage’s trial scheduled, and Lois’s uncle Mike’s restaurant saved from the Southside gangs.

Everything was good in Clark’s world again.
Yay. Everything is right ... and you skipped a load of scenes from the episode that are nothing at all to do with the WAFFYness needed for this story. Yay.

Clark was hoping to catch Lois’s eye with his tuxedo, even though she had seen him in one before.
Oooooo, I love a man in a tuxedo. Especially a 'super'man.

“Clark?” she positively squealed.
Squealed! Is that in delight, or in horror. Does she not want to see him?

“I’ll be a while,” she replied. “I… I… uh… tore my dress.”
Oh dear. That's not good. And with how long it takes a women to accessorize everything to match her dress ... if the dress needs to change ... then everything needs to change, and it will take another 2 hours to be ready.

“Clark, I bought this one especially for the ball,” Lois returned.

So? “I’m sure you will be lovely in whatever you wear.”
Aww. Clark is so lovely.

Something was wrong. Was someone holding her captive? Clark wanted nothing more than to glance through the door to reassure himself of her safety, but he didn’t. What if she wasn’t lying and was standing on the other side in her underwear.
Eeek. Dilemma ... what if she needs help, what if she's naked? Should he look, shouldn't he look?

Could he use a needle and thread? Yes. Was he good at it? Not particularly.
I would have though that he'd be plenty good at repairing his clothes, having lived for years on his own and wandering round the world. Then again ... he probably just popped back to Kansas whenever there was a hole in his socks that needed dealing with!

But I only want to dance with you, he wanted to say aloud, but didn’t.
Awwwww.

“I know I do,” he heard her whisper to herself so softly that any other man wouldn’t have heard her.
He heard!!!! Yay.

“I don’t mind,” he said. A streak of horror crossed his face as he flushed redder than Superman shorts. “I mean, I don’t mind waiting until you get dressed.”
Still trying to show that he's a gentleman, and would never have impure thoughts about his partner! *sigh* she wants you to have impure thoughts, Clark.

“I’m going to unlock the door, but I want you to wait until the count of fifteen before coming inside,” she said, raising her hand to her top most lock.

“I can do that,” he replied with a determined nod.

She unlocked the bolt. “And you must stay in the living room.”
What's she up to? What doesn't she want him to see?

“No matter how you look, Lois,” he said. “I will still love you.”
jawdrop

“One Merriweather Award. Two Merriweather Awards. Three…”
lol

Superman made her heart pound, but with Clark, her heart felt as if it could take flight.
Hmmmm.. so lovely.

She did feel flustered. “I wonder what it would take to fluster you.”

“You.”
Yup. The only thing that can fluster the Man of Steel ... is the intrepid reporter Lois Lane.

hosted by the Daily Planet and Inter… Cost Mart
Inter Cost Mart. I like that. I think we should rename it InterCostMart ...

You, Clark Kent, are the epitome of a modern gentleman
Absolutely.

Do gentlemen prefer blondes?
Ta da! The punch line.

“Then why on earth were you kissing Mayson Drake?” she asked.

“I… She kissed me. Anyway, you told me to,” Clark said. “I didn’t want to kiss her.”
Huh! When did she tell him to kiss Mayson Drake? I don't think I would have approved of that.

try something new
Stop chasing after blondes and try a brunette for once. I’m not a blonde!
Oh yes. I remember her saying that. I knew Clark had misinterpreted it.

“Oh, thank God!” Clark exclaimed, embracing her. “It’s a wig, then?”

“Um… yes,”
Really? A wig?

“I love you, too, Clark.”
She told him. Yay!

He tilted her head in his hands and brushed his lips softly against hers. Lois greedily opened her mouth and deepened the kiss.
*slithers to the floor in a puddle of goo*

I… I bleached my hair blonde first.” She slowly brought the wig down to her lap. “And I messed up.” She took a gulp of air, her eyes filling with tears again. “You know what they say, if at first you don’t succeed, dye and dye again.”
Oh my! Oh dear. It can't look good.

“I do! I do!” he said, raising his hands in self-defense. “But I don’t have to love that hair.”
LOL. Lovely, teasing, caring Clark.

Woo hoo! Loved it. So glad you wrote this from my idea. I'd had it in my ideas pile for over a year ... based on the phrase Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, and that many fics had pointed out that Lois notices Clark's tendency to attract blondes. What if she thought HE was attracted to blondes and the only way she'd get him to notice her ...

and there you have it.

Thanks for writing this for me Virgina. *hugs*

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."