Darth Michael: I love your hair-raising img. clap

Oh, that’s funny. Clark deliberately tried to tick Mayson off so he wouldn’t have to dump her.
CLARK: At least I didn’t jump dimensions to get away from her.
Perhaps that's just revisionist history as he's recalling an incident from his past. wink

So, simply telling her that he’s not interested in tacky blondes wouldn’t have been an option?
Clark usually isn't so uncouth.

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by WaGD Part 3
Nothing could stop them now!
ER: /suggests that the Prankster should come back for a visit and test his freeze ray on Lois/
CLARK: That's strange. I've been talking to Lois for the last five minutes and she hasn't interrupted me or insulted me. She only stands there and glares at me. Hmmm. Maybe I shouldn't look this gift horse in the mouth.

Metropolis is quite the small world, isn’t it?
Amazingly so.

Maybe if he tried a fireman uniform which he’d then start to remove to rhythmic music?
He can't do that while wearing a tuxedo?

LOIS: Maybe try a blue suit and a cape instead?
CLARK: [Linked Image] Hey! I've got one of those!
LOIS: You do?
CLARK: Um... /coughs/ I mean, I know where I can get one.

So, he wants to suggest that they take out the bongo drums like he did with Cat?
Bringing up Cat won't do his chances with Lois any favors.

Originally Posted by WaGD Part 3
“It’s me, Lois,” he replied, his brow furrowing.
“Clark?” she positively squealed.
/scratches head/
What? The hair dye can't affect her memories or give her an airy personality? Gee, that's not any fun. frown

He just said… And considering, maybe the bleach has gotten her brains.
Perhaps Lois is a bit more focused on her problems than the man outside her door at the moment.

Cold feet? Also…so he can meet and dance with Mayson?
CLARK: Oh you! Mayson wouldn’t let me dance with her considering how I implied she was a dirty girl.
MAYSON: But I am a dirty girl. And I need to be punished. You should take me out into the woods and lock me up in that nice cabin I have out there.
Lois has realized she has done something stupid to get a man and doesn't want to further humiliate herself by letting anyone know about it.

Originally Posted by WaGD 3
“I’ll be a while,” she replied. “I… I… uh… tore my dress.”
/scratches head/
[Linked Image] She's lying.

Not one that shows as much skin as this one did. Even before she tore it.
Her berka is out getting dry cleaned? peep

Did he say the same thing to Lana after she tried on her prom dress and then managed to stumble into the path of a fertilizer truck spraying the fields?
No, he offered to spray Lana off with the garden hose first and then use an industrial hair drying to dry her clothes (while she kept her eyes closed for safety reasons, of course).

/Fails Lois in Communications-101/
It wouldn't be a VirginiaR story without that aspect, now would it?

Wasn’t he the one who tried on, what, twenty suits before meeting Lois for the shuttle launch? And doesn’t he always get his briefs in a twist when a sudden gust of rains ruins his hair by painting it to his head?
clap Good point! But usually people cannot see in oneself traits that one notices in others.

Maybe if he told her that he doesn’t mind how she looked?
Doesn't he say that?

ANOTHER LOIS: At least he only tries to rescue me when I’m working on some building’s façade.
WRONG CLARK: [Linked Image]

That’s why they need a safe word. Like…octopus.
evil
LOIS: No, I don’t want to eat sushi tonight. The octopus from last time really didn’t sit well with me.
CLARK: /grumbling to himself/ It never does.

But…but…what’s the worst that could happen? The dress might be hanging around her waist and she isn’t wearing a lot underneath. Still better than reading about the police finding her dead body the next day in the Metropolis Star.
He's not leaving, is he?

Originally Posted by WaMD 3
What if she wasn’t lying and was standing on the other side in her underwear.
ER: /has an idea for Clark... but then it slips away./
CLARK: That's too bad. I could use a good idea for times like these.
LOIS: Times like these? How often do you need to look through my door and check if I'm clothed?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

But if a Lois Lane prances around naked with a Superman in town, wouldn’t that be just begging for trouble?
LOIS: My body is only for Superman to see, not others.
CLARK: [Linked Image] I could tell her I'm Superman!
LOIS: Say what? [Linked Image]

So…he knows someone who’s pretty good and could take the garment there in minutes, flat?
CLARK: I can sew, but not when anyone is watching. So, go wait in your bedroom and I'll bring it to you and let's say, half an hour?

Originally Posted by WaGD 3
“I know I do,” he heard her whisper to herself so softly that any other man wouldn’t have heard her.
ER: /Lois admitted it OUTLOUD!/
It's part 3 of 3. Did you want her feelings to remain unexpressed?

So, the dress turned back into a robe after she ripped it?
No, she was wearing the robe the entire time. She never put on the dress because after the fiasco with her hair, she had decided not to attend the ball.

“I’m not dressed,” she confessed.
“I don’t mind,” he said.
ER: /has some ideas on where the plot could head next./
Sorry that would requiring a change of boards mid story, which isn't recommended.

Nothing helps her ego like a suggestive remark?
From the man she likes, of course. laugh Or perhaps it was his embarrassment regarding the suggestive remark.

Dressed in a schlumpy robe? What if she stripped out of it?
LOIS: Well, he definitely wouldn't notice my hair then... /slips out of robe and opens door/
CLARK: Lois! What have you done with your hair? shock And that dress! It's straight out of the Emperor's closet isn't it? (i.e. The Emperor's New Clothes... evil Got an evil idea for a story that I'd never write... well, post... well, no... best not.)

She’s quite scared. What’s up with her?
She's having a bad hair day.

Well…he *is* an investigative reporter. It would be investigating.
CLAUDE: How do you think I made it into Lane's bedroom? HA!

See? Of course, that might just be her projecting…
Her personality onto his?

So, she’s not going to fix her dress, then?
She was lying about the dress.

The last thing she wanted was for him to peek into her bedroom as she sat on the floor in her schlumpy robe and dug through boxes.
ER: /doesn't think so. He's sure there are worse "last things" Clark could do./
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Giving up her rescue opportunity for a boyfriend?
Is Superman so fickle that he'd stop rescuing Lois because she was locking lips with another man?
SUPERMAN: Depends on the man. Clark? Not so much. Lex, Dan, any other man out there, very much so.

She has the hots for Superman, but the thought of a relationship with Clark makes her want to take for the hills?
lol No, a trip to [Linked Image]

Lois knew how she felt. Unsure. Unconfident. Scared. An idiot. Oh so wrong.
ER: /Can't believe that Lois said such things about herself./
LOIS: What! I do hate it, okay?
She's also not saying them aloud.

The night when she and Lex tried to go to the opera. The morning when she and Lex tried to get married.
Yes, those are probably included on the list.

LOIS: Does he have *any* idea how long it takes each morning to achieve that look?
CLARK: huh It takes be about 3-5 seconds.

JIMMY: You guys? Lois, are you in there? I can hear you breathing. Are you exercising? Was that Clark I just heard?
lol Yep, that posse.

He was the quarterback, so…
a lot?
Also, who said that he was the quarterback? Is that the only way he'd get the game ball at his apartment? /help me out, football fans, I really wouldn't know./

That’s because she didn’t actually admit to it.
LOIS: What is Clark implying there? /mad/
CLARK: Um... that blondes are more fun and I should really be getting to Mayson at the dance?

I don’t think he was very respectful of Lex. And he dumped his partner into a garbage bin.
Selective memory.
CLARK: What? THEY both deserved it!
EW: And I think Clark was very polite to Luthor during HiM despite Luthor trying to take his wife.

Awww…she’s confronting him.
No, interviewing him. It's a time-honored technique.

Originally Posted by Micheal
Lois stood before him in a silver evening gown, looking ravenously beautiful as always, only now with platinum blonde curls.
ER: /lost control of his jaw/
[Linked Image]

Maybe Clark preferred natural blondes?
So many bad jokes not appropriate for these boards... trying to suppress self...
LOIS: There are natural blondes? Do they automatically qualify for disability?

Lois pushed out of his arms and marched through her bedroom door, slamming it in his face. She couldn’t believe he had gone there. There of all places!
ER: /confused by this Lois-like behavior/
CLARK: /me, too./
Isn't it in her nature to slam doors in Clark's face?

She could also be the ‘something new’ at their wedding. Let’s add a bride’s maid dressed in blue, Cat’s older than Lois and Clark by quite a bit, so we have the something old, and maybe he could borrow one of Jimmy’s girlfriends?
LOIS: Don't worry. I'm sure Martha has something Green for me to borrow.
CLARK: So, we can just forget my idea? Okay.

“Oh, thank God!” Clark exclaimed, embracing her. “It’s a wig, then?”
ER: /can't believe what the lunkhead said and then falls off the chair laughing so hard at him./
evil

ER: And now Tank’s going to be very happy and Lois will be bald?
Resurrected LEX: /love that he and Lois are soul mates/
So, a change in hair doesn't qualify for a Tank award? She has to lose it all? (Hmmmm, thinking we should add that category to next year's Kerth Awards. Best Lois Haircut Story.)

ER: /can no longer comment due to laughing too hard at Lois's dilemma/
Well, these things can't be helped.

What an adorable ending to a funny story And great fun to BR, too!
Thanks, Michael. Thank you for your Beta and all the giggles you've supplied. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.