Originally Posted by Darth Michael
EW: I spent an hour JUST doing grammar and spelling re-check last night, and I only made it through page 250
ER: You managed 250 *pages* in an hour when editing? That’s just 15 seconds a page /Didn't know EW, also went by UltraWriter/
How did I know that was going to be misread in that way? [Linked Image] NOT re-reading editing, just using the spell-check/grammar checker function. (I hadn't Grammar Checked the first 600-ish pages, only spell-checked it before sending it for Beta and posting. Now, I spell AND grammar check everything before sending it to Beta, even though I don't like WORD's grammar check function because it keeps catching things as wrong, which aren't... No matter what anyone says, fiction grammar is different than business grammar.) On the *re-reading* editing (since I finished the Grammar re-check) of Section one, I'm currently on page 648 out of 1309. thud So, just a little more than half more to re-read, but I'm catching a whole bunch of little plot threads I missed tying up, so it's a good thing. A whole bunch of little things to refer back to in Section III. evil

EW: I got this one from my daughter, who seems to have recovered a lot more quickly than I am.
ER: So they can be kids again (aka demand lots of attention) while you’re still recuperating. It’s nature’s way of being an EW.
I think the way it works, is that nature sees that I have children and have already done my duty as a human, so what happens to me doesn't matter. They still need to grow up and multiply so nature lets them recover faster.

EW: Why doesn't anyone think that Lois would want to hire an expert to make sure this is done right? /my betas also assumed Ms. Riviera was Lois/
ER: No idea. Because she likes to play dress-up? Because it would be the smart thing to do? Because she doesn’t like lawyers?
True. True. But, sometimes, when you're in Rome you need to eat pasta, drink espresso, and gulp down gelato.

Actually, her eyes would be amethyst if they had played it truly faithfully…
Those contacts are too expensive?

EW: So, nobody should read, collect, or distribute business cards because of the few fakes out in the world?
ER: No. But nobody should take the existence of a business card as proof of legitimacy.
STERN: I'm just giving her the benefit of the doubt. I would certainly check her legitimacy out prior to making any agreement with her or her so-called client.

And you wonder why I keep suggesting things like that.
EW: cause it's funny. smile
LOIS: No, it's not.
CLARK: I'm with Lois on this. Not funny.
CAT: lol

EW: Actually, Lois and Clark have never been open and honest about their relationship in the middle of the bullpen. Supply closet, yes. Bullpen, no.
RALPH: I can swear that I have watched them going at it…
Well, it has been established in this universe that Ralph did spend considerable amount of time tied up in the storage closet.
LOIS: And you wanted to untie him. Ha! I knew I was smarter.
CLARK: I only tied him up for his own safety. After the drugs wore off, it was inhumane not to untie him.
LOIS: Inhumane for whom?

Are you suggesting they do? Aside from being allowed to legally consume large quantities of fermented grain?
It has been a while, but I would hope they do... a little bit.

Hey, don’t worry. In the future, they’ll have you strip naked, shave your head, and do a full cavity search for each passenger. Plus, you’ll get to pay extra for the privilege of having a seat that has upholstery, arm rests you may share with your neighbor, *and* a seatbelt.
And you only have to pay $5 a mile for this privilege.

CLARK: /covers ears/ I don't need to know the details.
ER: But they might give him pointers on how to de-stress Lois.
CLARK: By engaging in carnal relations with Jimmy’s girlfriend?
JIMMY: No.
JENNY: Definitely not.
LOIS: Really? Really? Pointers from *Jimmy*? [Linked Image] How bad is he?

EW: Oh, sorry. Since he's a policeman, he's not allowed to have...well, romantic thoughts?
ER: /Nope. All policemen are sterilized upon taking the oath to protect and serve./
HENDERSON: Say... wait. Then how do I have a daughter?

EW: Although, I don't know what Billy Jr. would have thought if Dad had brought Cat home either.
ER: Depends on the age of Billy and her dressing habits and how Cat would encourage or discourage such things?
Yeah, that wouldn't have made the ex-Mrs. Henderson mad.

That Brandy going missing is not a Luthor story.
She didn't realize it could be until after she said it.

You know what you did with the cream-references, young lady.
Sometimes milk is just milk. [Linked Image]

ER: There's always that possibility.
CLARK: But Luthor's dead.
ER: So they say. Plus, therefore there’s no need to check his penthouse when Lois goes missing.
LOIS: /found skinny-dipping by Superman/ What? He HAD A POOL!

CAT: Now, of course, everyone is going to think it was a fantasy. Good thing I have it on video tape.
CLARK: Say, what?!
ER: Maybe Clark and Lois can exchange video tapes?
CLARK: You know what, my VCR was stolen during that break-in pre-Nightfall and I never replaced it.
LOIS: That's okay. We can use mine.
CLARK: /using a bit of heat vision/ Ooops. It looks like yours is broken too.

You know, this is a highly conflicting situation, right? Also, no sneaking aboard space shuttles in the hope of Superman showing up. That only works on TV.
I don't think the space shuttles launch from anywhere near here, but I'll keep that in mind.
But I could really use a vacation and I've always wanted to travel to space! [Linked Image] wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.