I finally finished the Investigation arc (Part 193). When that comes back from beta, I might post the remaining parts more quickly.
hyper

I spent an hour JUST doing grammar and spelling re-check last night, and I only made it through page 250
You managed 250 *pages* in an hour when editing? That’s just 15 seconds a page thud

Well, I've got it now. Thanks for spreading it along.
[Linked Image]

I got this one from my daughter, who seems to have recovered a lot more quickly than I am.
So they can be kids again (aka demand lots of attention) while you’re still recuperating. It’s nature’s way of being an EW.

Why doesn't anyone think that Lois would want to hire an expert to make sure this is done right? /my betas also assumed Ms. Riviera was Lois/
laugh No idea. Because she likes to play dress-up? Because it would be the smart thing to do? Because she doesn’t like lawyers?

Originally Posted By: Darth Michael
Originally Posted By: Wrong Clark
and icy blue eyes entered his office.
/confused/
Eyes kind of like that really blonde dragon lady from GoT.
[Linked Image] Actually, her eyes would be amethyst if they had played it truly faithfully…

So, nobody should read, collect, or distribute business cards because of the few fakes out in the world?
No. But nobody should take the existence of a business card as proof of legitimacy.

One you hire for pleasure, the other pain. It depends on the client, though, which service they get from which provider.
rotflol

Well, he won't learn anything from a dead attorney.
STERN: Learn? I was just making the world a better place.
laugh

Quote:
What if the client next asks for a million dollars a year, for as long as the client shall live?
All terms of the sale will be told before the papers are signed, but if he isn't willing to listen to terms, he doesn't get to know even the price offered.
Oh.

The Metro Club closed down and she can no longer earn the funds needed to do the repairs?
clap And you wonder why I keep suggesting things like that.

Quote:
Lois *did* watch Empire, didn’t she?
Yes. /cough/ Stern ISN'T Vader. He just plays him in the movies. /cough/
confused

Quote:
Is that the reason she kept Clark? Because she’d not give up a pet even if it’s a bit difficult?
To pet? /ducking/
clap

Quote:
Did he get stuck?
JENNY: Excuse me?
laugh

WOMEN OF METROPOLIS: Why is Clark Kent flying with a paper bag over his head?
CAT: What? I thought we've already established that I'm the only woman in Metropolis who looks men in the face.
rotflol

Actually, Lois and Clark have never been open and honest about their relationship in the middle of the bullpen. Supply closet, yes. Bullpen, no.
RALPH: I can swear that I have watched them going at it…

Are you saying that young men don't mature ANY between 16 and 22?
Are you suggesting they do? Aside from being allowed to legally consume large quantities of fermented grain?

Oh, the good old days of airport security when we thought a metal detector and an x-ray machine were enough to keep us safe.
Hey, don’t worry. In the future, they’ll have you strip naked, shave your head, and do a full cavity search for each passenger. Plus, you’ll get to pay extra for the privilege of having a seat that has upholstery, arm rests you may share with your neighbor, *and* a seatbelt.

Quote:
/waits for Clark so see Lois again/
CLARK: /giggle, blush, squirm/ Hi, Lois.
What I said.

CLARK: /covers ears/ I don't need to know the details.
But they might give him pointers on how to de-stress Lois.
CLARK: By engaging in carnal relations with Jimmy’s girlfriend?

Oh, sorry. Since he's a policeman, he's not allowed to have...well, romantic thoughts?
[Linked Image]

CLARK: I never compared Cat to a hooker. Only Lois.
Not in this st... Well, only her actions towards Luthor.
clap

CLAUDE: Why do you think I stole her story? I needed to get something out of those hours I wasted seducing Lois. /suddenly dies from ax to back of head/
LOIS: <did not compensate the shop owner for an ax using her credit card or other traceable remuneration>
laugh

Quote:
Apparently, Billy Jr. didn’t like her new step dad.
/hands Michael a Clarkie bear/
hyper

Although, I don't know what Billy Jr. would have thought if Dad had brought Cat home either.
Depends on the age of Billy and her dressing habits and how Cat would encourage or discourage such things?

Originally Posted By: Darth Michael
So, her first statement’s a lie, then?
EW: <huh?>
That Brandy going missing is not a Luthor story.

Quote:
Bill! Also, considering later: EW! /shock/
What did I do?
You know what you did with the cream-references, young lady. [Linked Image]

There's always that possibility.
CLARK: But Luthor's dead.
So they say. Plus, therefore there’s no need to check his penthouse when Lois goes missing.

Quote:
What cats usually eat?
Cat food?
Right.

I have no idea to what you could possibly be referring. <plays innocent like a Lois caught in an office after midnight> Cream comes from milked cows.
Uh-huh…

CAT: Now, of course, everyone is going to think it was a fantasy. Good thing I have it on video tape.
CLARK: Say, what?!
Maybe Clark and Lois can exchange video tapes?

It all depends on how quickly I can find a job, and how busy that makes me.
You know, this is a highly conflicting situation, right? Also, no sneaking aboard space shuttles in the hope of Superman showing up. That only works on TV.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.