First, Lois had dropped the bomb that she knew that Luthor had held him captive. Then she kissed him square on the lips. Now, she was telling him that she was leaving the next day.
So, a succession of uppers and downers?

“I know. I know. But someone suggested that I was bad luck and they shouldn’t let me go because the last time I went on one of their shuttles a bomb was found and I cut all those cables…”
Well, it’s true. Without her there, the bomb would likely not have been planted.

“There’s a launch window tomorrow and if everything syncs up…”
/scratches head/ If Superman pushes them into orbit, do launch windows even matter?

It wasn’t just that he would miss her. Clark missed her whenever she left the room, or he did. If he could spend almost every waking moment of the day with her, and every sleeping one, for the rest of his life, he would die a happy man.
Lois, on the other hand, might go bonkers.

“Do you think the colonists on the Space Station would mind a visit or two from Superman this week?”

“I’m sure that they would love it,” she replied, her eyes glowing with happiness. “But wouldn’t that start those nasty kinds of rumors we’ve been trying to avoid here on Earth? Superman only starts visiting the Space Station when Lois Lane comes to stay?”
I’m sure they have female nubile colonists, too. Maybe if Superman made an extra effort with them and only paid cursory attention to a certain reporter…?

“And, frankly, I would like the chance to start anew with you, to have a clean slate, and the opportunity to say things earlier.”
Like, with a time machine?

She gazed at him inquisitively. “Am I going to be the one with amnesia this time?”
Only if she bangs her head. Did you read 50 First Revelations?

“Maybe a date where we pretend we’ve only just met.”
Role playing at a bar? Lois could pretend she’s a singer there. Clark could pretend he’s giving her a red rose…

‘I’d schedule all your nights, if the universe would let me,’ he thought.
Did he just suggest he’d like to book her for every foreseeable night to come?

“Three. Don’t forget the visit to the Space Station,” he teased.
Considering what TV informs us is common to happen on the third date…

“That might be getting a bit risqué,” he murmured, his gut tightening in a very pleasant manner.
Especially for the rescue victim once Superman’s girlfriend learns of it?

The kisses, which had started as a series of feather light kisses, took on a different vibe when she latched onto his jugular with her lips and started to suck. Clark’s leg jerked in surprise.
Aaaand there goes another antenna.

and he was glad he hadn’t kicked a hole into the floorboards of her car.
clap

“Too much?” she asked, too innocently.

He nodded empathically.

‘Please do it again,’ he begged her with his mind.
laugh

When he didn’t respond, she flipped his hand over and kissed his palm and then his wrist.

A sort of strangled whimper emerged from his throat. “Too intimate,” he croaked.
So…no kissing of…?
CLARK: help

She pouted, and he dove in claiming her lips for his own, unable to restrain himself any longer. He licked her lips, teasing her to open her mouth. When she did, he blissfully deepened the kiss.
Oh, look who suddenly got over where those lips have been before.

Suddenly, Lois wasn’t kissing him anymore, she was kissing Luthor, grinding into him, and moaning as she did so.
Oops?

Clark wasn’t leaving. He had promised Lois he wouldn’t run off any more. He was tempted to fly to some junkyard and start tearing everything he found in two, he was so angry with Luthor.
So, maybe they shouldn’t let him near the space station.

“I love you,” he choked out.

She leaned back to stare him in the face. “I’ve never doubted that.”
Look who’s not saying it back.

She turned and faced him, setting her forearms and palms on his chest. “We’re just remodeling our home. There’s dust and debris scattered around, making everything a mess, but once we clean all this up and finish our repairs, our home is going to be stronger than ever. You can quote me on that.”
Yes, but what if he’s like Tim Taylor on Home Improvement?

Lois had overheard Captain Martin tell Director Avery that ‘the reporter must ride in the back’.
laugh

He also mentioned not wanting to be hit with vomit, should she not be able to handle the blast off.
clap But don’t they all wear spacesuits and helmets for take-off? You know, in case something goes wrong. So, if Lois regurgitates her breakfast, it would just hit the inside of her face plate. And that’s why they also wear balaclavas, so the vomit only slaps back into the face but doesn’t get stuck in their hair.

Lois was twice as glad Superman was outside the shuttle to protect her.
Yes, but what happens when Superman carries the shuttle into orbit and Cpt. Martin uses the opportunity to show her the airlock. I mean, would he stop carrying the shuttle and go after Lois or would be first put the shuttle into orbit and then go after Lois?

and that she hadn’t investigated Luthor’s shady dealings in order to get anything in return, except another criminal off the streets.
Does the Pulitzer come with a financial component as well? Did the Church Group happen to have set out a bounty on Lex?

and bringing the paper out of the nineteenth century and into the twenty-first.
Does that mean hiring more female management?
LIDNA: wave

She didn’t want Superman to reject the funding, knowing whence it had come.
Do you think he would? I mean, that money would come in really handy for when he takes Lois to Tahiti. Or maybe a skiing weekend in the Swiss Alps?

He had stopped a ring of muggers terrorizing Las Vegas,
CLARK: blush

She hoped that her letter would soothe any hurt feelings, but once he learned what else she had withheld from him, she doubted it.
They did do a blood test on her that should have come back by now, right?

before allowing Lois Lane fly with them.
LOIS: mad *allow*?

What was she thinking? His mind rushed to answer this question.
Zip? Zilch? Superman Strong! Goo! Goo!

He couldn’t have just left it because his girlfriend expected him to drive with her to the airport.
LOIS: Have you ever known me to unreasonable?
CLARK: help
LOIS: mad

taking a crash course in how to do basic functions and activities in space,
Like apply eye liner or open packages of chocolate?

and wouldn’t be available for him to confront before blast off. Or as it now appeared, ‘Up, Up, and Away’ off.
clap

“I would never imply that EPRAD pilots are unable to perform their own flights safely.
Actually, I think there’s a very high probability of catastrophic failure with each launch. Using the hot air Superman produces is much safer.

“We’re not offended in the least, Superman,” Avery replied with an eager bob of his head. “The fuel cost savings alone will fund our little project just that much longer. We are most grateful for your assistance.”
rotflol Maybe they could offer to pay 1 million dollars a pop to the Superman foundation in exchange for Superman lifting their cargo into orbit?

For all that you have done for us, we would like to present to you the first honorary Key to the Space Station.
Is it ‘1-2-3-4’ on the key pad of the airlock door?

and she had found a way to make it seem like it was Avery’s idea and not theirs.
She is smart. Even for a super villainess.

He only wished he could get a minute of privacy with Lois to express to her how deplorable, how selfish, how patronizing, and how very wrong it was to make promises on Superman’s behalf without first consulting him.
Maybe if she could hold her breath for a minute, he could take her outside once they’re up there? Nah, what am I saying. Lois could never hold her breath that long.

His dad had told him that making mistakes for oneself was the best learning tool. The only problem was that Lois never admitted to making any.
clap Actually, that was my idea behind a possible sequel to The Wild Goose Chase — what if Lois didn’t think she made a mistake? What if she *didn’t* learn from it?

Clark would have to watch out for that woman of his. She was slippery. Had it been her idea that he search for bombs as well?
[Linked Image] So, apparently, they didn’t yet get all the slime off her.

Curiosity got the better of him and Jimmy opened CK’s note again.
So, is that how Jimmy dies and is never seen again?

We believe he’s hiding out in his underground bunker that I told you about.
Maybe Lex is like the Batmobile? You know, blowing off the outer layer to slip between the cracks.

“Bet that’s a full time job itself,” Jimmy chuckled to himself. “Superman’ll probably be appreciating the vacation.”
laugh

“He’s not the only one off his rocker,” said Jimmy with a shake of his head. “— if either of them thinks Luthor hadn’t fallen off his rocker long ago.”
Maybe there’s different grades of off-the-rocker?

From what we know of Luthor, I’m betting that this is the only place where I would truly be safe from him, merely because it’s the last place he’d look.
Unless he decides to ruin EPRAD’s prestige project first with an anti-satellite missle?

I’ll have an out-of-this-world an exclusive article
[Linked Image] extraneous ‘an’.

As if Lois Lane would ever allow Henderson to do anything of the sort… or any house could be ‘safe’ with her in it.
laugh

So…now that I’ve caught up…? grovel

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.