Oh, my. I wasn't expecting that twist (twist in that Clark wouldn't even kiss her before). This is the first time (and probably the last) I've ever seen Clark use "being a gentleman" to not propose to Lois.

If he knew would he try to find the man?

Yet if he didn’t and something happened to him because he wasn’t prepared…

“I was kidnapped and taken to a barn off the island,” Lois admitted. “By one of the men from my time; the one who’d given me the bruises.”

Clark stiffened. He was silent for a moment, and Lois felt herself tensing.
I'm glad Lois told Clark about the thug. He's probably feeling guilty for not keeping an eye on her.

“If we get separated, I’ll find you,” she promised. “I’m good at finding people.”

He smiled sadly. “Don’t make promises you cannot keep.”

“Watch me,” Lois said. “I’ll find you.”
Awwww. But would she recognize him in blue tights and a red cape?

I was a little confused by this statement:
She learned that he wasn’t just a gentleman, he was an artist. He showed her some of his work, and she had to admit that she was impressed. He seemed to have a knack for bringing out what was timeless and human. His work was like the farce of a play he’d been acting in. That had been sort of archaic and never would have passed muster in Lois’s time.
So, she was impressed by his plays. How could she find it both timeless and human but "archaic and never would have passed muster in Lois's time"? huh Or was she referring to the play he acted in with that last statement. It isn't very clear.

I'm surprised that Clark let himself get carried away without telling Lois his own secret though. I'm sure you have a reason for this.

Back in those days, it didn't take much to start a fire, especially in a old, wooden hotel, it wouldn't take much to start a fire. A cigarette. A knocked over candle or oil lamp and a cow. A thug out of deodorant.

I hope that Lois and Clark make their jump together, but him rescuing Lois through-out time makes it seem unlikely. He did make a promise to protect her though. smile I'm curious to see what happens next.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.