Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ShayneT Comments: In time, somewhere 15 - 09/03/14 04:55 AM
Well, what do you think?
Posted By: DebbieG Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 15 - 09/03/14 05:26 AM
I think you have me hook, line, and sinker on this story. wink

I have to admit this chapter took me by surprise.I guess it just goes to show Clark is more open-minded then other men of that era. Perhaps he can adapt to Lois’s era after all.

I’m on edge waiting to see what happens next! Great story!
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 15 - 09/03/14 06:10 AM
Oh, my. I wasn't expecting that twist (twist in that Clark wouldn't even kiss her before). This is the first time (and probably the last) I've ever seen Clark use "being a gentleman" to not propose to Lois.

If he knew would he try to find the man?

Yet if he didn’t and something happened to him because he wasn’t prepared…

“I was kidnapped and taken to a barn off the island,” Lois admitted. “By one of the men from my time; the one who’d given me the bruises.”

Clark stiffened. He was silent for a moment, and Lois felt herself tensing.
I'm glad Lois told Clark about the thug. He's probably feeling guilty for not keeping an eye on her.

“If we get separated, I’ll find you,” she promised. “I’m good at finding people.”

He smiled sadly. “Don’t make promises you cannot keep.”

“Watch me,” Lois said. “I’ll find you.”
Awwww. But would she recognize him in blue tights and a red cape?

I was a little confused by this statement:
She learned that he wasn’t just a gentleman, he was an artist. He showed her some of his work, and she had to admit that she was impressed. He seemed to have a knack for bringing out what was timeless and human. His work was like the farce of a play he’d been acting in. That had been sort of archaic and never would have passed muster in Lois’s time.
So, she was impressed by his plays. How could she find it both timeless and human but "archaic and never would have passed muster in Lois's time"? huh Or was she referring to the play he acted in with that last statement. It isn't very clear.

I'm surprised that Clark let himself get carried away without telling Lois his own secret though. I'm sure you have a reason for this.

Back in those days, it didn't take much to start a fire, especially in a old, wooden hotel, it wouldn't take much to start a fire. A cigarette. A knocked over candle or oil lamp and a cow. A thug out of deodorant.

I hope that Lois and Clark make their jump together, but him rescuing Lois through-out time makes it seem unlikely. He did make a promise to protect her though. smile I'm curious to see what happens next.
Posted By: Mike M Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 15 - 09/03/14 03:18 PM
Each chapter seems more interesting than the previous one, the art of peeling the onion.

I am wondering just when he will reveal his origins to Lois, the day they spent in his room would have seemed to be the most opportune time. I mean they are about to attempt a feat that it is highly likely that neither of them will survive and he is still concerned about the secret?

I like Virginia read and re-read that passage about his work and still could not figure out what you were trying to convey dizzy.

Next chapter please...

Mike
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 15 - 09/03/14 11:06 PM
I had been confused by that paragraph, as well, but then concluded that there must have been an accidentally omitted, "not." I'm guessing that it was supposed to say, "His work was not like the farce of a play he’d been acting in."

I liked the riff you made on the running-in-slow-motion cliche.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 15 - 09/04/14 01:11 AM
I'm so glad that they were able to get together without the usual long delay. Nothing is set in stone, there are still many things that could happen, but at least they had their time together.
Posted By: SJH Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 15 - 09/04/14 05:11 AM
He will tell her. He must. But I think Lois is discovering for herself that in all the things that matter, Clark is human.

What all did that psychic tell Clark anyway?
Posted By: Morgana Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 15 - 09/04/14 06:46 PM
It was enough to make her stomach tight, and she couldn’t help but feel a growing sense of dread that something was going to go wrong.

On Lois' side. There's this awful gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach that something awful in going to happen, dooming poor Clark.

What happened to his manager? I would have thought he would not have wanted to give up on his best actor.

Post soon! grovel
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 15 - 09/04/14 10:28 PM
I'm guessing that he made it in "ghostly" form until some time in Lois's early life. IIRC, she had been rescued by him when when was six(?) years old; he must have been corporeal then. So he "only" would have to wait a quarter century (plus or minus) for her to become an adult and travel backward, and then forward again, in time. That's assuming, of course, that adult Lois doesn't also wind up leaving the time stream a little early. If she does, she would either avoid the Lanes or else perhaps pretend to be a long-lost relative of theirs.

Eagerly waiting to see what happens next.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: groobie Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 15 - 09/05/14 06:22 PM
Hot, sweet, romantic....gosh, I love your Clark! Though if any story called for a nfic alternate part, it's this! smile Waiting impatiently for the next part!
Posted By: KateB Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 15 - 09/08/14 09:38 PM
I was surprised, that Clark allowed things to go that far, though I loved this part a lot. So sweet and romantic. They were lucky they didn't get in trouble with the hotel management.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards