If they could make it past this and if he ever forgave her for lying to him.
But she has never promised not to lie to him, has she?

She didn’t need a man to protect her, but – damn – she wanted him to surround her with his love and chase her demons away. She wanted him to be there with her.
CLARK: confused I wanted to do that. She *told* me not to do that! Can I get the manual please? And maybe see the warranty card?

Until he could be, she would be there for him. She would protect him as best she could.

Until Clark got his powers back, Lois didn’t want him anywhere near Metropolis. At least, not until they had Lex Luthor back under lock and key.
So, it’s okay for Lois to protect him without his say in the matter?
LOIS: It’s called a double standard.

Probably something honorable and stupid, such as go after Luthor without powers.
Like she does?

What she was suggesting was crazy. Insane. Impossible. Those were his exact words.
Has he *met* her? Does he *know* the odds?

To whom else had Luthor handed copies of her keys?
Maybe per dead-man-mail to every sex offender in town?

Were the men who installed her surveillance going to return to try and secretly remove it? Every time the phone rang, Lois shrank away from it, scared she might hear the voice from her premonition over the line. Therefore, Lois was going to her mother’s because she felt safer there.
Maybe if she opened the gas line and left a spray can in the microwave before heading outside?

Of all the people she had ever exposed, she had screwed over Lex Luthor the worse. She knew that. Because of her, he had lost everything: his money, his power, and even his life, as he had known it.
So, he might come after her and try to do the same to her?

Luthor would either hunt her down and kill her with his bare hands or be even more infatuated and drop to his knees in open adoration, begging her to run away with him.
rotflol

It was her curse. She just didn’t cause indifference in men.
CARLOS: So, you’re Ms. Lane, huh? Nice to meet you. /moves on to other things/

He was alive, and nobody knew it other than her. Oh, sure, for some strange reason Henderson had said that he believed her. She could see that he didn’t want to, and yet he still had said that he did.
BILL: If I tell her I believe her, she’ll go away. If she’s right and Lex gets her, I’ll have peace and quiet. If she’s right and she gets Lex, I’ll have a promotion and she won’t be able to tell me ‘I told you so.’ And if she’s wrong, she’ll first be occupied forever trying to prove she’s right, then she’ll never speak of if again. Either which way, I win.

He had even said that there was already an officer guarding Luthor’s private parking garage.
What if the cop starts to put the cars on ebay?

Although, the wealthy were famous for squirreling away money where governments couldn't find it.
Like the millions in her name?
LOIS: I’m filthy rich? [Linked Image]

Apparently, Luthor’s sources at the MPD had done what he had bribed them to do. They had informed Nigel St. John of the impending legal action against Luthor.
rotflol

Therefore, his trusty manservant had packed a suitcase, filled with money kept at the manor house, and taken off for Gotham City’s airport, where he had booked a flight to England under the name of Nicholas Janacek.
LEX: [Linked Image]

In fact, they had set up a trap for him outside of Wayne Manor. The playboy billionaire, evidentially, had been none too pleased to have his roadway blocked.
COM GORDON: I didn’t want to call Batman for this. The last time he intervened, he used one of his bat missiles to blow the get-a-way (sic) car sky high and we never found more than a couple of bloody pieces of Catwoman’s leather suit.

The FBI had St. John in a Gotham City holding cell, so Lois doubted that Henderson had yet had the opportunity to grill him about the elevators.
And why does Lois think Nigel will still be there come the morrow?

Lois and her mother had been given clean bills of health, at least from the first round of tests on Luthor’s blood, which had been a relief.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if Lex had himself injected with a Kryptonite solution and now Lois would also have tiny fragments of Kryptonite infused in her skin?

Lois hadn’t heard the director’s response, only Henderson’s reply, “No, earthbound non-human kind, as in an animal.”
DIRT DIGGER: Lex Luthor Did Animals!
Dr. Victor Frank von Stein (name changed to protect source) of Star Labs has confirmed to us that the deceased criminal mastermind Lex Luthor has been tested for sexually transmitted diseases usually found in animals…

If Lex Luthor had put a mask on Clark’s face making him look like the billionaire and shoved him off the balcony while he was vulnerable… Henderson might as well have arrested her right then for murder, she had thought, because Luthor would be a dead man at her earliest opportunity.
Yes, but officially, Lex would already have been dead, wouldn’t he have? American entertainment productions show us that you cannot be convicted for a murder that of a legally dead person. Or something of the like.

Then she realized that the director might have been implying that she and Henderson thought that Luthor was Superman. She pressed her lips together.
Well…Lex did have some video recordings of himself as Superman seducing Lois Lane.

Lois started with her laundry, beginning with several hand wash loads of all her delicates.
So she has nice, clean clothes to wear when she starts her new job as the primary concubine of the First Lord of New Krypton?

In fact, she wanted to take all of her clothes, any bit of her life that Luthor could have touched and throw it out the window, getting rid of it forever.
What about her skin? Since she already tanked her hair, shouldn’t she also get a full-body chemical peeling?
LOIS: razz face, arms, hands, and neck only, thank you very much.

That wasn’t practicable since she was currently unemployed.
There’s a number of professions where she wouldn’t need clothing.

It didn’t surprise her in the least that this kind of staged interview was what LNN considered news.
What if she went off-book during the live interview?

After Lois had finished laughing, she gave him a comment they couldn’t quote on television.
“Please tell your bosses to take that statement, form it into a pipe, and insert it in the appropriate place on their body?”

Had Woolfe and his team remembered to remove the camera in her shower?
Why should they, provided they now have the recording equipment?

Had they left it up and were viewing her at their leisure?
See?

No. She might not respect him as much as Henderson, but she doubted Woolfe would be that low.
RALPH: wave

Lois had stepped out of her shower and wrapped a towel around her body.
[Linked Image]

Then she had climbed up on the edge of it to look at the spot where Superman… Clark had pointed out where he had found the hidden camera.
She going to find one?

Her wet feet slipped on the edge
My first reaction was hyper Clark’s going to hear her scream and come rushing to catch a newly denuded Lois before she smacks into the tub. Then I remembered that he’s currently sans power and watching newly denuded strippers in Las Vegas instead. He prefers blonde ones. And now I’m all [Linked Image]

Still, her butt landed with a hard bump on the bathmat.
confused No head smash? No amnesia? No split-open skull? No temporal reset? confused

With Clark on his way to Vegas, and without powers, nobody would have come to her rescue. She had been lucky that she hadn’t hit the edge of the counter.
[Linked Image] Maybe that will teach her to be more careful and, for instance, not go after Lex alone.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Lois had to admit having the washer and drier in her apartment was terribly handy as she washed every single washable piece of clothing she owned.
Bit of a hypocrite, huh?

She marked on her to-do list to request that Mr. Tracewski remove the offending machines as soon as possible.
Okay, more of an opportunist than a hypocrite. Say, what if Lex had special bio-sample pockets installed in the drier that would inject his cooties into the drying process? It would be like he rolled nude in her freshly cleaned clothes ?evil

She didn’t need anything else in her life to remind her of that horrible man.
What about Clark and his ongoing feud with Lex?

She had already called up her landlord and asked if there was another top floor apartment into which she could move. Unfortunately, the only available apartment was on the first floor, number 105
evil Also, couldn’t she take her fish out into the hallway, spray the walls and the floor with gasoline, throw a burning matchbook inside, and then move back in once the fire damage has been renovated? Might have a couple less walls, e.g. between living room and kitchen and living room and bedroom and bedroom and bath. Or tick off Joe the Blow.

What was the matter with her? She was acting like a giddy schoolgirl with a crush.
Well…she’s supposed to be on her honeymoon. Maybe society’s is conditioning finally paying off and her subconscious hasn’t picked up yet on the fact that her former beau is now disgusting goo?

She would appear like a desperate lovesick fool to Jimmy, or Clark might think that she couldn’t handle being in Metropolis without him (or Superman) to protect her.
Maybe if she feigned breathlessness and a quivering voice when she’s whispering ‘Clark? Clark? Please…I need you…Please come back…They’re…’ Then a pause, some clattering and a bank and she could scream ‘Claaaa!’ before clicking the phone off. That way, Jimmy would think Lois is calling for help instead of posting a love message for Superman.

That certainly wasn’t true. She had taken care of herself, for the most part, for twenty-six years.
Yeah, but we all know how that turned out the last time and that the year #27 is usually the bitch.

She would hate to have anyone think she was clingy.
Why would we ever think that after PML?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.