Apparently, my readers believe Lois lying to Clark to protect him from Luthor is as [Linked Image] (crazy) as Clark doing the same for Lois. We've got two votes here that he's not going to take it much longer. [Linked Image]

Just a reminder to my readers, this Clark did give up his whole previous life for this woman, so he does have a bit of tunnel vision regarding her. Then he thought he had lost her to Luthor, because he had been less than honest and just got her back. Since then, they've kind of been in relationship limbo. Now that the investigation is over, they can finally start over. In a way, they are still at the beginning of their relationship and people at the beginning of a romance tend to talk on the phone all the time. (I promise no "You hang up, first." Giggle. "No, you hang up first" silliness with Lois and Clark.) They haven't yet had the chance to have that conversation where he confronts her about her behavior during the investigation. He's been waiting until it was over to talk to her about it, but this Vegas trip stalled that development. (Hence relationship limbo.)

Originally Posted by There is no Spoon
If Clark thinks he was pathetic with Lana, he is even worse with Lois. But, hey it's Lois so it's okay if he is more pathetic with her, right.
Oh, dear. So, it's uncool to have Clark miss the woman he loves, and want to speak and be with her? Oh, deary dear. How exactly is Clark *more* pathetic with Lois? He stands up to her more than he ever did with Lana.

It's a shame that such a great character has been reduced to having the emotional development of a puppy. He patiently waits for the approval and attention from his master and remains loyal and obedient even when she treats him harshly. Clark's such a good boy.

Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
He seems a puppy, eager to please. He's so used to Lois holding his leash that he doesn't know what to do when she is not bossing him around. He can't even enjoy a little free time with a friend. Yes, he's still pathetic. And he's still desperate for love, too. Now he is so desperate that Lois love him that he'll take any crap from her. He basks in the crumbs of attention that she can spare and feels grateful when she throws him a bone. Poor Clark. [Linked Image]
How does Lois treat him badly in this part, other than giving Clark what he asked for? huh (That is, from what he heard from Lois in this part or even the last two parts, how is her treatment getting worse?) I don't see how Lois is bossing him around. By telling him not to come home? She told him she was fine and didn't him to come home to take care of her while he was sick, to concentrate on his recovery, and to have fun. So, that makes her bossy and treating him like crap? I'm confused. What could she have said to not sound 'bossy' if that were the case? If Clark had been 100%, he probably wouldn't have listened to her false platitudes about being fine, but he's feels poorly, he's tired, and not himself. He just wants to get better. He's taking her at her word, because he's trying to completely honest with her, so he expects that she is with him as well.

Remember that he's been through a traumatic situation. Vegas is a louder and more hedonistic town than Metropolis (apologies to all who live there, but it is); it's not really his style. He let loose Saturday night (i.e. the night before) after Cat rescued him and he doesn't want to do that again. He just starting to feel better from his hangover. He doesn't feel like dancing or having fun after what he's been through, he just wants to get past it and move on with his life. Gambling, let alone slot machines, and flirting with women doesn't interest him. He came for the sunshine boost, not a good time. Yes, that does make him a sourpuss, and not much of a fun buddy for Jimmy; I'll agree with you there.

JIMMY: CK, you're so [Linked Image] (whipped).

Can't he go back and rescue his Lois? Maybe he'll have better luck with the right one. sad
Well, that's still a possibility. The story hasn't ended yet. Although, he did make a promise to this Lois he wouldn't leave this dimension (or "this world") until she died. So, for him to go back, she would have to die, wouldn't she? Or is there another loophole he could exploit?

I don't want Clark to seem overly pathetic (being depressed, tortured, and sick can make anyone pathetic in the short term, IMO). The low point of his character's arc was when he thought Lois had tried to kill him with her engagement ring. Currently, he's on an upswing (no, really, he is) and this spell is just a little bump in the road to being the strong man he needs to be. I promise. Don't forget 36 hours earlier, he was slowly dying a painful death in a Kryptonite cage and trying to convince himself that Lois hadn't double-crossed him and married Luthor after all. That's not something one can easily snap back of.

Thank you both for your comments. Apparently, I haven't been very clear on what Clark's thoughts are regarding his view of their current relationship. I'll try to be more so in the future. I'm still working five parts out, so it may take a part or two for me to find a place to put them in. Unless you want me to go back and add in something in this part or the previous part.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.