Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I love this semi-Seinfeldish part. "Seinfeldish" because nothing much happens, but only "semi-" because, unlike that show, it was wonderfully WAFFy.
Thanks. smile Yeah not much happened, but it was supposed to be WAFFy because they are 'being in love'.

Incidentally, I like Lois' change in nickname for Clark.
Good grin

Enjoy your holiday, and a double thanks for keeping your posting schedule during your time off.

Joy,
Lynn
I've got to keep myself occupied on holiday somehow!!!! I'm still not fully/easily mobile, so it's a 'rest' holiday and I'm just sitting here with not much to do.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Oh, dear. I see some trouble in paradise. I guess Lynn is more of a glass half-full person than I am.
No! Be positive, be positive.

She grinned and turned away, striding towards the conference room door. “Sure, but I get to choose. You’d probably pick some foreign artsy film or a boring ...Oh!” She put her hand up to cover her open mouth and turned back round. “I’m sorry Clark, that’s probably all part of your act!” She looked mortified.
Instead of accepting that Clark is Clark who sometimes dresses up and acts like Superman, she's started thinking that Clark is more of an act than Superman is. He better set her straight and soon.
He does, he will. They had a laugh about this immediately.

Clark Kent can't be romantic and buy her flowers because someone might associate him with Superman? dizzy (Clearly, *she* isn't ready to tell people. She's also forgotten that her co-workers are just as trained reporters as she and Clark are and knew about their relationship long before Lois and Clark did.)
lol Lois hasn't quite got it, but Clark DID tell her that he only makes 'slight' adjustments as Clark straight after this.

“Lois, you sound almost jealous,” Clark teased.

She took a shocked breath then frowned at herself. “Well, maybe I am ... a little. I mean all the world gets to see you in your underwear ...” Clark raised his eyebrows ... “but that’s not actually the point here. We can’t risk anyone gradually changing their perception of you as it could lead them down a dark and dangerous alleyway ... for you.”
[Linked Image] Oh, Lois! The only people who get to see Clark in his underwear are a) himself, b) his folks (only on a rare occasion and probably not for many years), and now possibly c) you (if you play your cards right).
She was referring to his underwear on the outside, when the whole world sees him, plus the rest of the skin tight suit gives the impression of only wearing underwear!

Clark Kent was angry at bad movie hero stereotypes? dizzy
No, not angry, just disappointing and amused.

Lois and Clark need to get to know each other a lot better before their engagement can become official. I'm hopeful that she thinks of their relationship as "it", but since she seems to not know him any more than she knew Superman, they still have a while to go.
Don't worry so much. She does know him, very well, she just hasn't merged the two halves yet, she's only known for about three hours, and she's currently testing the water as to what is 'Clark Kent-ing' and what isn't.

Should I let him ‘get’ me? she pondered as she felt his hands slide up her back. Is it too fast? Or have we been waiting for eight years?
How could they've been waiting 8 years when they've only started dating? [Linked Image] This was like their, what?, second date? I know this will never happen, but Lois needs to start following Clark's lead on this. He seems to know more what they need than she does.
She's looking back over their whole friendship, now, and wondering if they haven't - kind of - been dating all along, and so that means they've been waiting for 'intimacy' for 8 years. She's considering whether they've been dating for a week, or for 8 years.

Can't wait to see the next catastrophe that you'll bring up in the next part. Will Clark Kent open his eyes and see that Lois still doesn't see the real him?
As with all relationship that move from friendship to romantic there is a time where you get to know each other as you haven't before, but I'm not going into this, and you can presume that it won't take too long for Lois to come to terms with this new 'Clark Kent'.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Yes, Virginia, I am definitely a glass-half-full person; I need such an attitude to raise a son with multiple severe disabilities and not sink into a deep depression.
I'm a glass half-full too, my hubby is half-empty. The amount of times I've argued with him that a positive outlook on life is more productive, and he argues back that I'll always be disappointed in life. I'm never disappointed when things don't go as well as I expected - CAUSE I HAVE A POSITIVE VIEW OF LIFE! He just can't get that!

I had noticed the things you are pointing out, but given that there are only three more parts to the story and given that this is a RomCom, I figure that these are just, as Victoria herself put it, bumps and not mountains to be overcome.
Yep. Just an amusing bump, and she adjusts pretty soon (in off-screen).

Now, if you were the author and if I knew that there were 50 more parts of the story left, I could see easily see Lois and Clark breaking up (at least for a time) because of her misconceptions.
cat at the thought of Virgina tackling this! 18 parts is enough for me!

As it is, I just foresee a serious discussion ahead of them -- probably ending with some serious WAFF and possibly interspersed with a pinch of levity.
Very little seriousness to come. More comedy and lightness and WAFF, with a pinch seriousness because there are some important questions to come. whistle

I guess we'll know more on Wednesday.

Joy,
Lynn
Yup, Wednesday.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."