Oh, dear. I see some trouble in paradise. I guess Lynn is more of a glass half-full person than I am.
She grinned and turned away, striding towards the conference room door. “Sure, but I get to choose. You’d probably pick some foreign artsy film or a boring ...Oh!” She put her hand up to cover her open mouth and turned back round. “I’m sorry Clark, that’s probably all part of your act!” She looked mortified.
Instead of accepting that Clark is Clark who sometimes dresses up and acts like Superman, she's started thinking that Clark is more of an act than Superman is. He better set her straight and soon.

Clark Kent can't be romantic and buy her flowers because someone might associate him with Superman? dizzy (Clearly, *she* isn't ready to tell people. She's also forgotten that her co-workers are just as trained reporters as she and Clark are and knew about their relationship long before Lois and Clark did.)

“Lois, you sound almost jealous,” Clark teased.

She took a shocked breath then frowned at herself. “Well, maybe I am ... a little. I mean all the world gets to see you in your underwear ...” Clark raised his eyebrows ... “but that’s not actually the point here. We can’t risk anyone gradually changing their perception of you as it could lead them down a dark and dangerous alleyway ... for you.”
[Linked Image] Oh, Lois! The only people who get to see Clark in his underwear are a) himself, b) his folks (only on a rare occasion and probably not for many years), and now possibly c) you (if you play your cards right).

Clark Kent was angry at bad movie hero stereotypes? dizzy

Lois and Clark need to get to know each other a lot better before their engagement can become official. I'm hopeful that she thinks of their relationship as "it", but since she seems to not know him any more than she knew Superman, they still have a while to go.

Should I let him ‘get’ me? she pondered as she felt his hands slide up her back. Is it too fast? Or have we been waiting for eight years?
How could they've been waiting 8 years when they've only started dating? [Linked Image] This was like their, what?, second date? I know this will never happen, but Lois needs to start following Clark's lead on this. He seems to know more what they need than she does.

Can't wait to see the next catastrophe that you'll bring up in the next part. Will Clark Kent open his eyes and see that Lois still doesn't see the real him?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.