Originally Posted by Mike M
Well I for one think you might have tried to do too much in one chapter.
Yes there was a lot that happened, but it was always meant to be this way!

However one thing led to another or maybe I am thinking about Groobie's Distant Closeness over in the nFic section blush.
Yeah, the conversation just flowed from one revelation to the next and so that's why so much happened. And ... well, nope it didn't quite lead to the same as Groobie's story. Michael would have been happy if it had though.

As with Michael I believe that Clark (of course) will interpret Lois's last statement incorrectly. She is just so happy that he is in love with her that she does not want to think about the engagement, pact, marriage, or any of those things right at this moment. Clark will of course take it the way Michael put it that she wants out but that should not be too difficult to work out.
Thankfully Clark doesn't take it the wrong way. It's just the same situation as at the end of JSN.

I still think she took the Superman deal very well,
She did. There were moments when it could have gone the other way, and Perry intruding actually helped too, as it gave Lois an idea of the delicate balance that Clark has with his life, and she sympathized rather than got angry.

I am glad she did take it well but it just seems so un-Lois to not be hurt that he never told her for all this time and to be so understanding.
There was enough stuff that already kept them apart up till now ... no more angst needed! smile

I guess it is time to head to the jewelers next...

Mike
Not quite. Although there is a trip to the jewelers soon!

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Wow, I've got to say that Clark has got Lois's ramble down pat,
lol Yes, he did let his words run away with him.

“You see, Lois ...”

“Oh my goodness! You’re ...”

“I’m Superman,” he said as he removed his glasses.
The perfect reveal! clap She discovers it a split second before he tells her. I'm a fan of Lois figures it out before Clark tells her (makes her seem less glattically stupid, IMO). So, this was perfect! smile1
Yeah. I think that Lois should be intelligent enough to figure it out, but Clark should also prove that he trusts her and actually get the opportunity to tell her. So, I think you are right, it is the perfect reveal.

So.... What's next?
Originally Posted by Mike M
I guess it is time to head to the jewelers next...

Being that they are enjoying the love, I doubt jewelers is the next step. Getting used to all of Clark and what being in a relationship with Superman is probably the next step. But, then again, my hubby never bought me a ring, so I don't understand what normal people do in this situation.
The next chapter is called Being in Love so you can take what you want from that.

They can discuss the "M" word later?

ELLEN: Murder?

SAM: Mayhem?

LUCY: Magic?

MARTHA: Ms. Lane or Mrs. Kent?

JONATHAN: Metropolis or Smallville?

PERRY: Metallo? Is he back?

JIMMY: Mr. Mxyzptlk!

LOIS & CLARK: Don't say his name!

MR. Mxyzptlk: wave
rotflol

The question will be how long will they wait?
You'll have to read on to find out.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
My thoughts can be summed up in one syllable: Awwww! love
Thanks. It was a WAFFy chapter.

I was surprised that it was Perry and not Jimmy who interrupted them.
*laughs* Yes, Jimmy is the usual suspect. But I needed someone that Clark would be a little subservient to.

And I was even more surprised (pleasantly so) that the conversation went as smoothly as it did and that everything is out in the open now.
It nearly didn't. When Clark said that he didn't want Lois to know she nearly laid into him. You don't see this, though, because he explains quickly, and then Perry interrupts, which give Lois a whole different view of Clark.

Since there are more parts of the story yet, I am guessing that Lois will have second thoughts when the implications of CK=S sink in.
Don't forget this is a RomCom and we are past the 3/4 stage ...

But for now, at least, I'm glad that they have a moment of happiness, however long it lasts.

Joy,
Lynn
Oh, it's gonna last forever. Hope you don't mind.

Originally Posted by groobie
Lots to love in this chapter! thumbsup Clark confessing that he misses being called farmboy...awwwww!!! love
*giggles* Isn't it cute.

The contact sent a frisson of desire through him and he reluctantly pulled away, knowing that it was too soon for that.

I know a place where their story can go when it's not too soon for that! wink LOL
Um, do you mean the rooftop? *whistles innocently*

I thought the reveal in this section was great, but I'm an angst-free revealer. grin
Well, I think there's enough angsty reveals out there already.

I hope the WAFFs continue in the next four chapters!
They will!

Originally Posted by LMA
Let's see:

1. Clark knows that Lois loves him--check! clap
2. Lois now knows that Clark loves her--check! hyper
3. Lois knows that Clark Kent = Superman--check! dance

--and, awesomely...

4. Kissing! party Kissing! party And some more kissing! party

So yes, loved this part, KK love
You got everything you asked for in the last FDK! Yay!

I very much enjoyed both reveals--the discovery of mutual love, and everything Superman-related. It felt great having Lois be 'in' on discovering who Superman was. I really liked how they talked through it, how Lois was able to figure it out by being open to all that Clark really is as a whole. And yes, I was definitely squealing my way through their discovery of how they both feel towards each other. Such WAFFy goodness notworthy. It was very romantic, and especially loved how Clark got her attention by kissing her. I really enjoyed how you wrote those moments of discovery--of their love for each other--out between them. Very sweet smile.

Oh--and lastly...cool title for this chapter! hail Gotta admit, you had me squealing with delight at reading it (before I had even opened the chapter up).

Looking forward to more--great job!
Laura
Thank you Laura. When I wrote this story two years ago I was desperate to get to this chapter. I knew I was going to love writing it and I'd feel all warm and fuzzy afterwards.

Originally Posted by DebbieG
Wow, it’s all out there now! This Clark is definitely a little different from L&C canon — no “Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am.” But I think you made that clear at the start.
I did. But he's not a Reeves Superman either. Richard Donner told Christopher Reeve that he was always playing Superman, but sometimes Superman was pretending to be Clark. The Clark in this is more a half and half. He is most definitely Clark first and foremost, but he recognises that he 'adjusts' Clark's behaviour and so it still isn't really the true him. But neither is Superman.

With four chapters left, I think the path of true love has a few bumps before the happily ever after. I’m looking forward to seeing what you do!
Yeah, there are bumps, but not mountains. More like traffic calming measures instead. You know- those little bumps in the street that you have to slow your car down or it will kill the suspension.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."