He couldn’t breathe, he couldn’t think. The silence all around was palpable.
LOIS: eek He’s going to bolt! I’m going to end up an old spinster! Do they sell cats down at the pet shop around the corner…?

He had a stray thought that if she’d done that out in the middle of the news floor, rather than here in the conference room, the ever-present clamour of sound and chatter would still have faded, leaving him in stunned silence.
Well, of course! People would have been shocked frozen.

I just ... It won’t get in the way.” She turned around. “Of our marriage that is.”
cat rotflol

“I’ll be a good wife. I will. And maybe, someday, you’ll love me a little.”
/scratches head/ How is she defining ‘good wife’?

“They say that you grow to love the person you’re married to. And it can be a strong love. Based on respect and admiration.”
Well, they had to say *something* to the poor girls set up in arranged marriages.

Clark figured there was only one way to get her attention
CPR?

so he grabbed her arms to still her then swooped down to capture her lips.
LOIS: confused

He felt her shock at the sudden intimacy but she quickly softened in his arms and he began to draw her closer.
So, now Lois will think it’s best to have a friend with benefits whom you love than just a friend?

The contact sent a frisson of desire through him and he reluctantly pulled away, knowing that it was too soon for that.
Plus, conference room. Glass windows. Ralph outside.
LOIS: So, my place after work, then?

Clark looked down at Lois’ face. Her eyes were closed, a look of happiness on her features.
Oh my. That means the final challenge will be either Superman or them finding a suitable wedding venue. Wonder which it will be…evil

“Um, how do you feel about me, Clark?”
CLARK: [Linked Image] Couldn’t you feel it before?
LOIS: cat Yeah…?

“That’s because it’s a lot more complicated than ‘I love you’ for me, Lois.”
Umm… /checks ‘candidate used wrong answer’ checkbox/

And if the passion was there for his job, then ...
LOIS: [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

And there are things to talk about.”
Like how quickly they can go to Vegas and whether to ‘visit’ a jewelry store first?
MR. MAZIK: help

Lois frowned and gave a slight shake of her head. “Secret? Farmboy, you don’t have any secrets from me.” She laughed.
Then…
LOIS: jawdrop You’re…you’re…you’re unicorn bait?

She stood there, shock evident in her blank look and wide-eyed stare.
Like Ralph when he has to write an article?

“I must be blind or galactically stupid.”
TEMPUS: /checks box #2/

“Lois, you’re not stupid. I didn’t want you to see it.”
Like all the crooks she exposes?

Rap, rap, rap, came a sharp tapping on the glass in the door.
JIMMY: wave

“Lois, you ...” he paused and sighed pressing his fingers to his temple. “You are one stubborn woman. Are you sure you’re up to this?”
She looks quite flushed, eyes glassy, breath short?

“Can we not focus on the engagement for now? Let’s just enjoy being in love.” He nodded at her and grinned.
help She wants out!

This was fun!
/heads over yonder to wait for Clark to bring Lois home./
wink

Also, who’d have thunk that the wedding venue would actually be their final challenge?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.