Wow, I've got to say that Clark has got Lois's ramble down pat, especially here:
“I’ve been hiding who I am. Disguising my true self. This ... is not Clark Kent. Well it is, but … it's not. Not the whole Clark Kent. This is a front, a deception. So that I can hide, so that I’m safe. And when I strip that away, I worry that you won’t feel the same way. I can’t even believe that you would fall in love with ... this, when I remember how you used to feel about Superman.” He indicated with his hand by placing his palm on his chest. “Clark Kent can't compare with Superman, although I've been secretly hoping that he can … in your eyes. And this man you see standing before you, this isn’t even really Clark Kent.”

“Are you saying that the man I love doesn’t really exist?” she asked. Her eyes were wide with worry and trepidation.
It's a good thing that they're old friends and she can understand and translate babble, otherwise I would have an expected a "Say what?" type response.

“You see, Lois ...”

“Oh my goodness! You’re ...”

“I’m Superman,” he said as he removed his glasses.
The perfect reveal! clap She discovers it a split second before he tells her. I'm a fan of Lois figures it out before Clark tells her (makes her seem less glattically stupid, IMO). So, this was perfect! smile1

So.... What's next?
Originally Posted by Mike M
I guess it is time to head to the jewelers next...

Being that they are enjoying the love, I doubt jewelers is the next step. Getting used to all of Clark and what being in a relationship with Superman is probably the next step. But, then again, my hubby never bought me a ring, so I don't understand what normal people do in this situation.

Maybe meeting the folks. Although, they've been friends for 8 years, so they've probably already met them... sooooo, *telling* the folks? Telling Perry? Nope, I'm going to keep my original answer of getting used to their relationship. They can discuss the "M" word later?

ELLEN: Murder?

SAM: Mayhem?

LUCY: Magic?

MARTHA: Ms. Lane or Mrs. Kent?

JONATHAN: Metropolis or Smallville?

PERRY: Metallo? Is he back?

JIMMY: Mr. Mxyzptlk!

LOIS & CLARK: Don't say his name!

MR. Mxyzptlk: wave

The question will be how long will they wait?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.