Darth Michael: Thanks for your comments. smile1
I’m sure if Clark taped a sock to the arch, the guys would leave him and Lois alone in the big bed.
JIMMY: Sorry, CK, Lois, I’m just on my way to the bathroom!
clap Exactly.

What if he never gets his powers back?
Never put off until tomorrow,what you hopefully don't need to learn today?

For some additional radiation?
Um... to have a conversation with out 4 other guys overhearing.

Usually until the next episode, or until the plot demands them. Whatever happens first.
/checks outline/ Hey! Look at that. /covers outline/ NOT Literally!

Because excessive alcohol consummation causes memory lapses, thus negating the aversion training.
Because if you become a drunk, then you have a better excuse of why the woman of your dreams considers you a lunkhead?

SPRING BREAKERS: [Linked Image]
Yeah. Never saw the appeal, myself.

Only one way to find out and humans are said to be explorers.
Um... Check the internet? Um... do research?

JIMBO: Man, I'm soooo on this assignment!

Why Kryptonians had spacecraft and yet weren’t able to save themselves, except for sending a bunch of nutjobs out into space to ‘form a colony’.
JOR-EL: I had no idea they’d actually stumble across an asteroid that had an oxygen atmosphere.
Which is why he sent his son off separately. He wanted to make sure Kal-El would survive.

So, he’s hung over then, huh?
CLARK: [Linked Image]
Oh, dear. Have I gone into overkill mode?

It’s only been a couple of hours! Even Clark wouldn’t be able to muck things up so qui- [Linked Image]
So, you've met our resident lunkhead, have you?

That why she sneaked into his stuff? To return the favor? That doesn’t sound like a very healthy relationship.
I'm sorry, Lex's stuff? No, because like Pandora, she's naturally curious.

Maybe if she moved her Kerths, her fish, and her harem’s costume over to Clark’s and torched the place?
CLARK: Um... /looking around/ You could share the patio with me. It's summer and quite warm at night.

Wouldn’t she do the same…?
LOIS: No! That’s just society page stuff. Let Cat do that!
/Why Cat got Page 1 headlines, occasionally/
LOIS: What do you mean that's Page 1 above the fold stuff?

To be fair, Lex’s slut of an ex-fiancée did drive him off the balcony by cuckolding the poor man with that boytoy in tights.
SUPERMAN: There is no evidence that Ms. Lane and I are involved romantically. In fact, she's dating her partner Clark Kent.

CLARK: /forgetting that Lois told him that she'd be at her mom's/
LOIS: /kicking before looking/…oops?
Something like that. Good thing Cat was home, huh, or he might have ended up in bed with Jimmy.

Because she *had* to know. And if she didn’t, she wouldn’t be worth them.
Because she'd no longer be the future Mrs. Daddy Warbucks?

Yes, but now Cat gets to keep Clark since Lois isn’t claiming ownership.
LOIS: Cat already has ownership of a man.
PHIL: Excuse me?
MAYSON: Does that mean that Clark is a free agent?

So, that means when she figures out that they prefer hookers to be under 30?
So, in 4 years?

Still trying to figure out just how much of Lex’s dough she’s weaseled off to the Caiman Islands?
HENDERSON: [Linked Image] No comment.

That’s not true. I’m sure he’d be happy to have his face placed into Mt. Rushmore.
LOIS: So, the environment then?

He doesn’t sound very Stern to me.
Um... canon dialogue, and I don't believe either Jimmy, Jimbo , or Perry were adopted by Franklin Stern.

Nah, that guy from her dream still had his hopes and thought he could score girls by the dozen during summer break. The guy standing in front of her, he’s a beggar. He might just take her if she offered.
LOIS: Gee, thanks.

So, what’s she more ticked off about? That she doesn’t have a story or that she doesn’t have a place to publish the story even if she had it?
So, Perry doesn't have friends at other newspapers who would publish Lois's exclusive if she had one?

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by Wrong Clark
but what if he were just another one of those men out to burn her?
KYLE: [Linked Image]
No, Michael, not literally.
CLARK: Actually, from what I've observed from my experience as Lois's partner, many men are out to literally burn her. I'm just not one of them.

I bet Clark hates it even more that Lex got his way with something else, too.
LOIS: I’m a *someone*! I mean… splat
What if Clark weren't referring to Lois...

Originally Posted by Michael
Lois scoffed. “Who would’ve thought that out of all of us Cat Grant would land on her feet first? Not I.”
CAT: Hello! Cat.

Jimmy chuckled. “Well, Lois, she is a Cat…”

Jimbo also smiled. “And you know what they say about cats always landing on their feet.”
See?
It wouldn't be a VirginiaR story without the corny jokes and puns though.

It paused on whether she should ask Mayson Drake to introduce her to Bill Church
ER: /thinks this a bad idea/
LOIS: What? I was just *considering* it.

“It seems that was another one of Lex Luthor’s lies,” Mr. Stern went on.

“Wait a gosh darn minute! What are you saying? That Lex Luthor never owned the Daily Planet?” Perry asked.
ER: /What do you mean?/

My lawyers went to take the Daily Planet off of LexCorp’s hands this morning, only to discover that it was a private asset owned solely by Lex Luthor himself.”
Oh.
ER: /Makes wild guess regarding the new owner/
ARI: wave
Perhaps.

Couldn’t they have Sheldon visited by some nice people who talk nicely to him so he releases the ownership to Mr. Stern?
BENDER: Bribery is illegal at that price!

Perry shook his hand. “I appreciate your help, Mr. Stern.”

“Any time, Mr. White,” Mr. Stern said, stepping back into his town car.
ER: /wonders why Stern stopped by at all/
Perhaps he was driving by and thought he'd dash Perry's hopes completely.

He’s like a sunflower, huh?
clap Love the analogy... Metaphor... I always get those two confused.

If we’re so precious, then where were you yesterday?
Held up.
LEX: Actually, he was held down... in the wine cellar.

laugh also, maybe a comma after ‘first’.
Oh, so you're saying it should read:
“Let me go, first,” Lois insisted.
instead? But he's not holding on to her. [Linked Image]

(I figure you mean the second first, then.)

Appointment at the Chapel of Love?
CHAPEL OF LOVE (In 1994): I'm sorry, gentlemen, but same sex unions aren't allowed in the state of Nevada. Come back in a couple of decades.
CLARK: Uh... no.
JIMMY: Why does he always go there?
CLARK: huh
JIMBO: 'cause its lol
JIMMY: Well, maybe a little funny.
CLARK: No, it's not.
LOIS: No, it's not.

Or does he want to make a tour of the Vegan cathouses?
JIMMY: I, personally, prefer the ones where they eat meat.

and we’re going to talk, now!”
It’s possible I just found the missing comma.
But it's so pretty!

If he says ‘maybe we should take a break’, Lois might just try to pickle-dice him.
ROSS: I don't recommend it, bro.

“Look, it’s not you. I promise you that. It’s me.”
He’s treading on very dangerous ground.
Maybe it means something else in the other dimension.

Too bad he can’t chose ‘flight’ as an option, right now, huh?
CLARK: What is Michael talking about? My flight to Vegas isn't for a few hours.

ER: /confused and checks inter-dimensional dictionary/
LOIS: I knew it! "Lunkhead: See Clark Kent or Kryptonian."

Yep, he’s so getting sliced and diced.
So, Lois doesn't want honesty?

Because he’s been out all night drinking and chatting up the local barfly scene.
You sure you don't mean "barffy"?

No, most of that is from the alcohol.
LOIS: /mad/
No, only half of it.

LEX: Passed over opportunities.
There's always next time.

Like pulling teeth, huh?
Potato. Potahto.
LOIS: I was thinking one button at a time.
CLARK: Pull my teeth! Pull my teeth!

“I thought anger was your super power, a part of the Lois Lane passion package,” he replied with a sheepish smile. “You mean there’s a way to opt out of the yelling? By all means, tell me how to turn it off. I’m all ears.”
ER: /shocked that Clark thought it smart to mouth off to the pickle slicer lady while vulnerable/
Yep, he's that brave.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t be with you, yesterday, Lois. Believe me when I say I’d much rather have been with you,” Clark said,
Instead of Lex?
Well, duh!

Everything would be all right.

***End of Part 181***
ER: /waits impatiently for EW to drop the other shoe/
So, you're thinking I shouldn't have cut the end of the scene? But this part was getting long. Don't worry it will show up in 182. evil Maybe I'll include it in the Archive version.

Originally Posted by EW
Well, what do you think? Did Clark stick his foot in his mouth again? What WAS he thinking?
huh He's a strange one...
I was expecting lots of feedback here because both my Betas were yelling at me when I sent this to them, insisting I fix this. Perhaps, I *should* put back in the deleted scene I cut... /checks deleted scene folder/ perhaps it would make everything make more sense. evil

A taste of what's to come...
“EPRAD,” Clark murmured against the top of her head.

Lois had been enjoying the feel of Clark’s chest against her ear; she hadn’t realized he had spoken. “Hmmm.”

“The assistant to the director of EPRAD called me this morning,” he repeated, pulling back enough to lean up against the wall and look Lois in the face. “They wanted to thank me for all the work that we put into clearing Professor Daitch, EPRAD, and Superman’s names from blame for the Nightfall scandal. I told them they should really be calling you.”

“You helped,” she admitted. “You never gave up on that story.” Although she realized he really couldn’t abandon it with LNN skewering Superman’s reputation on a daily basis.

“You got the ball rolling,” Clark said. “You knew that something was wrong and you followed that hunch to discover what. Anyway, the director of EPRAD offered… you an exclusive interview.”

“You mean he offered it to you,” she corrected with some bitterness.

“Yes, initially,” he said. “But I told him that you deserved it more than me. Besides, I’ll be in Las Vegas with Jimmy.”

Lois crossed her arms and stared at him. “You’re still going?”

“Jimmy’s been offered two days and nights at a hotel on the Strip in exchange for an interview about being Lex Luthor’s scapegoat for the Daily Planet bombing. It includes airfare for two. He grabbed it. I’m sure you would too after two months in jail for a crime you didn’t commit.”

She shrugged.

“He was going to take Jimbo, but after they saw me and heard about me being…” Clark coughed. “— beaten up and mugged, they both decided that I should go in Jimbo’s place. You want me back out?”

“You said ‘yes’ without consulting me,” Lois stated.

The muscle in his jaw twitched. “I didn’t realize I needed your permission,” he returned.

Lois took a breath to calm her racing heart from that backhanded slap across her face. “I thought we were a couple,” she said softly. “I thought we’d finally have time for us. I thought we would make these kinds of decisions together.”

“Lois, we are a couple, but I can’t run every decision I make past you. If this investigation wasn’t over, if we had gone ahead with our escape plan for you, we still wouldn’t be together for several days,” he reminded her. “All I’m going to do is spend two days sitting by the pool soaking up as much sunshine as possible, and then I’m coming home. Two days!” Clark flung out his hand in exasperation. “I can get that better out in Las Vegas than I can from my patio, here, in Metropolis.” He lowered his voice. “You know how important sunshine is to my healing.”

“Yes, but…”

“This is about me recovering faster,” he said. “This isn’t about us.”

“By not including me in the decision making process, or even considering whether I might want to come with you or would want you here with me, you made it about us,” she replied. He had made it about them because he hadn’t thought of her at all.

Clark briefly closed his eyes and exhaled a deep breath. “You’re right, Lois. I’m sorry. Do you want to come to Las Vegas with us?”

With us?

“No,” Lois said, straightening her shoulders. She didn’t want to be invited like this. He should want to take her on a trip, not be forced to do so. Was it too much to ask for to want her boyfriend to automatically think of her when contemplating an impromptu trip to Las Vegas? “You weren’t wrong when you said I have things to clean up here in Metropolis.” She relaxed her stance enough to place a hand on his chest and felt the slight tension her touch brought him. Something had changed him. She only wished she knew what. It couldn’t have just been the exposure to Kryptonite. He had lived through that before. “Possibly you’re right, Clark. Maybe we do need some time apart to think about what we really do want.”

Perhaps some time apart would remind him why he didn’t want to be away from her.

He placed his hand over hers. “I want you, Lois. That will never change.”

Lois closed her eyes and leaned her head against his chest, wishing she could believe him. He was saying most everything she wanted to hear, saying all the right words about loving her, but something in his tone rang hollow, as if he were trying to convince himself that she was really what he wanted.

She missed him already as if he were already gone.

“I love you,” she whispered, so softly she didn’t know if he could hear her without his extra sharp hearing.

“I really do like this haircut, Lois,” Clark said, and kissed the top of her head. “I’ll call you tonight, and give you the number of the hotel. I promise you, when I get back, we’ll have that talk.”

Lois wouldn’t be holding her breath. Promises weren’t to be believed until followed through upon. She had learned enough from men to know that. She had hoped that Clark would be different. It turned out he was an All American Male after all.
The real reason it's important to read the FDK thread. cool

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.