Originally Posted by LMA
Great chapter, KK! I really loved everything to do with the present....a heart necklace. Great idea, Clark wink. The perfect gift--shows feelings, sorta reminds her of a certain 'Pact', doesn't go as far (as say, an engagement ring), but none the less, sends the perfect message: He cares. And Lois' reaction was priceless...the fact that she had a tear, got a bit emotional. It meant a lot to her. Come on, you two....be honest, tell each other how you feel (but considering how early into the story we are, I'd guess that won't be for awhile...).
Thanks. Glad everyone thinks the heart necklace was perfect. And you're correct. Why they heck would they talk yet. Where's the fun in that?

So it was a fully 'staged' phone call Lois set up from Lucy. ''7:05 pm"--can't get any more planned than that. Yeah, Lois definitely had the evening figured out, knew what she wanted to have happen. Sounds like Clark was polite, as expected, and went with the situation of being left alone with Suzie. And for sure--Suzie wasn't disappointed in Lois leaving...she just didn't want Clark to leave smile.
You got it. Lois is desperate for Clark to date someone. Anything and everything is fair game at the moment. She absolutely set him up and set up the phone call.

Is Lois trying to set up a double date with her and Brian, and Clark and Jenny? Talk about awkwardly entertaining! smile. Sounds like a good read--can't wait.

Love the story, KK
Laura
Nope, no double date. Lois just happens to have both her profile and Clark's and the dating website is extremely quick at matches. smile

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I must admit I was a little confused by the Chapter title of "The Present" wondering if the last part was also part of the past, and then it hit me, DUH, [Linked Image] Clark's gift!
thumbsup Yup.

I wondered if the box contained the pen which she dropped on the floor, but I should have remembered that it was small enough box to have people wonder if it were an engagement ring. What a sweet gesture: Clark gave Lois his heart. I'm hoping it was a family heirloom. Even better, Lois accepted it. Although, Lois [Linked Image] did forget to thank him for his wonderful gift. (I had thought that she had left the gift on the table when she ran off. At least, she hadn't done that and not returned. That would have been a real slap in the face to Clark.)
No she stuffed it in her pocket and then got all sentimental at home!

I'm sure the evening at the bar was totally awkward. Neither person seemed like a bar person, and bars are horrible places to try to get to know someone because neither of you can hear what the other is saying. Lois was rude to both of them. Suzie thought they were celebrating her permanence at the DP and Clark thought they were celebrating Lois's birthday, and she abandoned them both. sad It would have served her better if they had instead had a better time without her there. I'm sure Suzie realized by the small jewelry box where Clark's heart truly lies.
Poor Suzie. I didn't give her a very good part did I. frown Bad Victoria.

Will she somehow orchestrate a double date between Clark and Jenny and herself and Brian? eek I can't look! /I say peering through my fingers, because I wouldn't miss it for the world./
Another double date idea? Well, that would mean revealing quite a lot of stuff Lois doesn't want Clark to know, I think.

Originally Posted by DebbieG
I see Lois is up to her usual shenanigans. I'm looking forward to seeing what she does next.
Just you wait. You haven't seen anything yet!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."