Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery tomorrow. I, too, am amazed at all of your accomplishments during this trying time. Hugs and best wishes to you and your family.

I must admit I was a little confused by the Chapter title of "The Present" wondering if the last part was also part of the past, and then it hit me, DUH, [Linked Image] Clark's gift!

I wondered if the box contained the pen which she dropped on the floor, but I should have remembered that it was small enough box to have people wonder if it were an engagement ring. What a sweet gesture: Clark gave Lois his heart. I'm hoping it was a family heirloom. Even better, Lois accepted it. Although, Lois [Linked Image] did forget to thank him for his wonderful gift. (I had thought that she had left the gift on the table when she ran off. At least, she hadn't done that and not returned. That would have been a real slap in the face to Clark.)

I'm sure the evening at the bar was totally awkward. Neither person seemed like a bar person, and bars are horrible places to try to get to know someone because neither of you can hear what the other is saying. Lois was rude to both of them. Suzie thought they were celebrating her permanence at the DP and Clark thought they were celebrating Lois's birthday, and she abandoned them both. sad It would have served her better if they had instead had a better time without her there. I'm sure Suzie realized by the small jewelry box where Clark's heart truly lies.

Will she somehow orchestrate a double date between Clark and Jenny and herself and Brian? eek I can't look! /I say peering through my fingers, because I wouldn't miss it for the world./

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.