I am also a puddle of WAFFy goo smile...

Corrina--this was beautiful! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect ending, seriously. I'll spare highlighting the whole chapter to prove my point, though, and emphasize a few of the parts that really touched me the most...

If she went to him now and spoke the words engraved across her heart, there could be no turning back. No doubts.

Lois searched for inner assurance.

And found it.

She wanted this.

She wanted Clark.

This part was such a great way to start this section. It's now or never...no going back. She needs to get it all out there--express what she KNOWS she feels for Clark. I just really love the honesty with herself.

I also thought you did an amazing job with Shane's speech. And I think it was something that was really needed as reassurance that Shane knew what he had done--how he had hurt Jane. It really showed that this wedding was happening for all the right reasons btw two people that loved each other.

She was here.

He hadn't actually seen her, but her presence was as real as if she were sitting beside him.

I really enjoyed Clark's thoughts as the wedding was going on. How he knew she was there...how he didn't know what to make of it. Showing his doubts and also his love for her. You did a great job of conveying his emotions, especially with this part:

The reading was going to be like navigating a minefield. He would have to concentrate on the words. Keep his focus fixed on the trees. Pretend he didn't see. Didn't know. Didn't care so desperately.

I also REALLY enjoyed how you added the Corinthians reading into the story--such a beautiful passage--and it fit so well with Lois' thoughts. So creative notworthy

And then:

That is how Clark Kent would love. How Lois was determined to love him. "Look at me," she murmured under her breath. "Please, Clark, look at me."

Slowly, his head lifted, and his eyes crashed into hers, setting off a thousand mini-explosions that cascaded through every part of her body. He swallowed. He drew in a long staccato breath. "Love never fails."

This A-mazing part party. Can't tell you how many times I read this. Something about her murmuring to him--him actually being able to hear her--and then their eyes finally meeting. The words 'his eyes crashed into hers' were priceless. You definitely created a 'moment' btw them clap

With the outer tip of her smallest finger, she touched the small ribbon of skin between his pants pocket and the cuff of his shirt.

He flinched. Not in body; but somewhere deep inside where he harboured his hopes and dreams.

Lois waited, matching his forward stare, her whole being concentrated on their tiny sliver of connection.

His elbow flexed, lifting his hand from his pocket and bringing it to hang by his side.

Lois curled her pinkie finger around his.

Yeah, as mentioned before...the pinkie finger scene was such a touching/romantic moment btw them. You captured such an interesting time--where they both care so much about each other, but have so many doubts about what the other is thinking/feeling. It 'worked'--and in such a brilliant way. You conveyed such longing and such uncertainty. LOVED it hail

I also really enjoyed how you brought them back to that gazebo...great idea.

"No raindrops today," he muttered.

And back to some of their memories, like the raindrops on the sweater. I really loved this line--and placed at such a great moment.

"Waiting?" he gulped.

"Waiting to spend the rest of my life with you."

His eyes slid shut for a moment, and when they opened, they were damp and shiny and extravagant with joy.

dance This part really melted me to 'goo'. All doubts removed. Clark knows how much Lois loves him. Perfect!

Huge fan of this story, Corrina. One of my favorites clap

Mike M stated:
Totally concur with your assessment of Corrina's work. What amazes me is that she can do this story AND do work such WHAM worthy work as Trusting You, Trusting Me. Simply amazing! Usually authors excel at one over the other.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through TYTM right now. Can't even say how much I have enjoyed it. Have not been able to put it down (some amazingly late nights up reading lately--but oh-so-worth-it! smile ). Don't want it to end...

Love your work, Corrina
Laura smile

Last edited by LMA; 05/29/14 12:28 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~