A delightful, satisfying ending, Corrina! Thank you for sharing it with us!

At the front, Shane was standing before the microphone.

"I know it isn't customary for the groom to make a speech before the bride arrives, but it also isn't usual for guests to come to a ceremony a week after the set wedding date."

Subdued laughter rippled across the gathering. Shane's head dropped for a moment. When he looked up again, his cheeks has blossomed red. "I want to apologise to all of you for the inconvenience I caused by cancelling the wedding last week." Shane glanced sideways to Andrew, who nodded encouragement. "Before she gets here, I want to tell you something about Jane."

Lois gripped her handbag as possible diversionary tactics scampered through her mind.
Ah! A very good choice, for Shane to make the grand gesture in public! Good thinking, and good for him for doing so. (And I like the encouragement from his brothers. My personal canon for this universe still says they staged an intervention and told him they would pick Jane over him if he didn't man up. lol)

I also love the image of Lois tensing and gripping her handbag when he started. I can totally picture this and would have had the same reaction.

"Last Friday, I knew that I was marrying the woman with the biggest heart in the whole of the United States," Shane said. "This week, I discovered her heart is even bigger than I'd realised. Last Friday, I knew Jane had an amazing capacity to see the best in everyone … to overlook their mistakes. This week, I really, really needed that quality in her."

He stopped. Breathed. Rubbed his thumb across his cheek.

The guests waited in silence.

"I love Jane," he said in a voice stretched brittle. "I will always love her. And I intend to spend the rest of my life making up for what I did to her last week."

He pressed his hand against his mouth, looking down. Andrew stepped closer to him, and the five brothers stood in a line of solidarity.

And nicely done here, too. It's quite amazing you can convey his regret and emotion in so few words, but you have done so very deftly. Without even going into his head or having someone confront him, we can see that he realizes the devastation he'd caused the previous week.

"Love is patient, love is kind."

"It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."

"Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in the truth."

"It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
Oh, nicely done, using the Corinthians passage -- such a mainstay of weddings -- to let Lois measure Clark by those standards. love

Though I still hope every word was a Knife. In. Shane's. Heart. devil rotflol

"I present to you, Mr and Mrs Shane and Jane McVane."
Bwa ha ha! I know I gave Lois crap for being so obnoxious early in the story, but I give her a pass on this one. That is hilariously ridiculous. lol

Lois curled her pinkie finger around his.
OK, the pinky thing? I'm swooning. So freakin' adorable.

"Only one. A date that lasts a lifetime."

Her beautiful brown eyes sparkled with fun. "Is that a proposal, Mr Kent?"

If she wanted a proposal, she could have it. Right now. "Of course not," he said with a wide grin that diluted his denial. "It would be much too soon for a proposal."
Hahaha, silly Lois! The proposal comes tomorrow. sloppy

A delightful ending to a very enjoyable story, Corrina! Now let's all get some wedding cake! party

Last edited by KathyB; 05/25/14 12:09 AM.