Hi, Mike! wave

I used to be a post-midnight reader too (and writer!) until my girls were born. Now I'm lucky if I have brain power enough to last until 12:30 most nights.

This is not a two-parter. Though I am sure there will be some questions about certain things/twists, I have no plans to write a sequel at this time. (Like Wells, I never say never. I always leave the door open in case my muse wanders back that way.) Funnily enough, Nobody's Hero/Just a Man was never intended to be a two-parter. It's just one big fic that I opted to split for a) the cool titles and b) the complete 180 in tone.

I'm usually one who likes to read lighter stuff on the boards. And certain types of dramas. Female Hawk's "Accused" wasn't totally dark, but it wasn't a happy fic, and it kept me on the edge of my seat. Likewise, the most depressing fic I'm read so far is probably Mouse's "Distraught" - and I loved it, despite my staunch viewpoint that Clark would never contemplate suicide, let alone commit it. (It's SO well written that I am willing to overlook that.)

I hope that, by the end, I can change your emotional investment in the story. I'll admit, I never would have thought up this premise if not for Facebook. A former friend's husband got very sick shortly after their wedding and needed a heart transplant (which he did receive) in order to live. So that sparked the idea of "what if Clark's heart went into failure?. Yeah, I get inspired in weird ways.

The idea of a baby "Chief" is cracking me up! smile Next part to hit the boards probably before I go to bed (twins dependent, of course).

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon