Originally Posted by mozartmaid
Because you have a tender heart, Clark. Don't you see? I wouldn't have wanted you to do anything differently today.
Sweet and sad... Clark's heart is now 'tender' in other ways as well. sad

HERO REPORTER ASSISTS AT SCHOOL BUS CRASH; SUPERMAN STILL MYSERTIOUSLY ABSENT

And there, beneath the bold, black ink of the headline, pictures of Clark. In one, he was getting the emergency exit open - Clark knew it had been taken a heartbeat before the door had come off in his hands. In the next picture, Clark was emerging from the destroyed vehicle with a little girl cradled to his chest - the first of the children he'd gotten to safety. He groaned. He'd known, of course, that Jimmy had been at the scene, snapping away with his camera. But he hadn't wanted any kind of recognition for his efforts. Superman was the hero. Clark was the normal and completely unremarkable man.
If this had happened on a normal day, Clark would be freaking out, big time... But I suppose it isn't as important that Clark was caught being 'super,' all things considered.

He reached out and smashed the palm of his hand against a small, square red button which was set into the wall, calling a code blue for cardiac arrest.
Oh boy, here comes the worst, I think... peep

Obviously I want to know what happens, but at the same time, I'm so worried for Clark! Please be gentle... grovel

wave

Yep. The worst is coming. More for Lois than Clark - as Mike said, he was unconscious when the code was called. This is going to torment Lois though.

Gentle? I'm not sure I'm familiar with that word, as a writer. grin

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon